My client is seeking a qualified accountant with oil & gas experience who will provide assistance, to the Financial Accountant, with all financial accounting processes from transaction level to final accounts. This is a six month contract with a salary of 75K pro rata.
Job Purpose / Requirements:
My client is seeking a qualified accountant with oil & gas experience who will provide assistance, to the Financial Accountant, with all financial accounting processes from transaction level to final accounts. Ensuring that accounts are prepared in accordance with Group policy and generally accepted accounting principles. This includes the preparation of monthly, interim and annual consolidated accounts for all entities in the Asia and South America together with the preparation of statutory accounts in accordance with the relevant GAAP for each entity. This is a six month contract with a salary of 75K pro rata.
Responsibilities / Key Objectives:
- Prepare group consolidation packs for allocated entities held in Dublin and local entities in Pakistan, Bangladesh and South America countries. Ensure that all the accounting is consistent with current Company guidelines and policies as well as recommended accounting practice. Ensure submission to Finance Manager on a timely basis for review.
- Performance of month-end activities such as calculation and posting financial journals and running reports for allocated assets.
- Review of all major numbers/reconciliations on a monthly basis and interact with Dublin and International Finance teams accordingly.
- Assist in the preparation, review and collation of all audit files for each of the companies for the interim and year-end consolidated Company accounts.
- Provide one of the key points of contact for the external auditors, ensuring that relevant documentation and explanations are provided in an efficient and timely manner.
- Responsibilities / Key Objectives: Statutory Accounts
- Ensure allocated statutory accounts for approximately 13 entities are prepared on a timely basis for the Finance Manager’s review and to allow for sign-off by the auditors/directors and submission to the appropriate authorities in accordance with group deadlines.
- Prepare the tax packs for allocated companies for the annual tax returns in an accurate and timely manner and review with the Finance Manager prior to a review with the group tax manager
- Assist in ensuring that the appropriate “control” environment exists with regards to all financial accounting processes and procedures, and that Group policy is being implemented.
- Contribute to the SAP project on an ongoing basis to ensure smooth transition for the BU from SUN to SAP accounting later in 2012.
- Mentor and provide guidance to the less senior team members responsible for the accounts payable processes and other aspects of financial accounting.
- Contribute to and participate in ad hoc projects as directed by the Asia/South America Finance Manager in both department and group wide projects.
- Assist with ongoing systems development to include SUN/SAP, Cognos, Tempus Pro, Encompass etc.
Relevant Degree in Accounting/Finance and a qualified member of a recognised accounting body ( ACA , ACCA or equivalent) with a minimum of 5 years PQE.
- Strong financial accounting and analytical skills, and knowledge of IFRS.
- Good all round Oil and Gas accounting experience gained in Exploration, Development and Production activities – this is essential requirement. Knowledge of Joint Venture accounting desirable.
- Experience of preparing statutory accounts through to filing stage.
- Microsoft Excel experience.
- Sun and/or SAP Accounting desirable but exposure to the requirements of a general ledger system is essential.
- Cognos experience desirable
- Excellent Interpersonal skills and adept at interacting with individuals at all levels in the organisation.
- Able to work effectively as part of a team.
- Strong communicator.
- Excellent time management skills – ability to meet challenging deadlines and work effectively under time pressure.
- Ability to take responsibility and manage tasks through to completion
- React quickly and flexible to changing circumstances
- Open, honest & reliable
UK, Middle East, Ireland, USA
To apply for this role, please click on the Apply button above or below.
Accountant, Financial Accountant, Qualified Accountant, Financial Analyst, Accountants, Audit Senior, Finance Manager, Accounts Assistant, Financial Controller, Fund Accountant, Audit Manager, Tax Manager, Banking, Finance Bank.