Finance Business Analyst
Finance Business Analyst
2 Year Fixed Term Contract
We are seeking to appoint a Business Analyst who will provide financial and commercial support to parts our businesses. The successful candidate will work as part of the management teams in these businesses. They will have a key role to provide financial input to commercial decisions and strategic discussions, as well as managing all financial aspects of those businesses.
Key tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Input, as part of management team, into the commercial and strategic issues affecting individual businesses within Innovation.
- Review and challenge of investment proposals for new and existing projects or business initiatives to ensure a sound commercial basis for undertaking such opportunities exists.
- Support to the development and management of the businesses’ financial strategies, objectives and plans within the context of the overall Business Unit and Group strategy.
- Development and ongoing maintenance of appropriate commercial and business models to properly evaluate business opportunities.
- Support the businesses in maximising financial performance and achievement of financial and business targets.
- Ensure sound financial control framework (including appropriate personnel, accounting systems / processes and internal financial controls).
- Responsibility for financial reporting for the businesses internally and to Corporate.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Technical competence in finance and accounting – including financial modelling for investment purposes
- Proven track record of being results and customer orientated
- Negotiating & influencing skills.
- Excellent business writing, communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Proven ability to manage stakeholders
- The ability to readily adapt to change
Experience / Qualifications:
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Relevant 3rd level qualification or equivalent in Finance / Accounting
- Minimum of 2 years post qualification experience
- At least 1 years experience in financial decision support / advisory role
- Strong investment appraisal and structuring experience
- Good understanding of telecommunication products and markets
- Good understanding of Irish energy markets – including renewables and associated support mechanisms
ESB Head Office, Fitzwilliam St, Dublin 2, but will entail business travel
To view the full job description, please click the link below