<p style="font: 1.2em/1.4em arial, verdana, sans-serif; margin: 0px 0px 0.8em; padding: 0px; border: 0px currentcolor; text-align: left; color: #000000; text-transform: none; text-indent: 0px; letter-
Haven was founded in late 2008 and launched in 2009 by Leslie Buckley and his wife Carmel. Leslie's business interests brought him to Haiti for the first time in 2004. Appalled by the conditions in which the people of Haiti were and are living in, he set up Haven.
Haven was initially founded to provide housing and shelter to communities in rural Haiti. However, since the devastating earthquake hit Haiti's capital city, Port au Prince, on January 12th, 2010, Haven has been working in affected areas providing emergency relief to those most in need.
To date Haven has already built and upgraded 2,200 homes and has a target of reaching 10,000 by the end of 2014.
Haven have an exciting opportunity now available, and are looking for a Finance Assistant to join the team based in Dublin.
· Able to use initiative and work independently
· Excellent communication skills (both written and oral).
· Strong analytical, decision making and problem solving skills.
· Very strong attention to detail required.
· Experience in preparing Financial Statements and dealing with auditors.
· Problem identification and solving skills.
· Ability to work within a team and communicate with remote teams.
· Comfortable with various software packages.
· Advanced Excel an advantage.
. Experience in use of Sage 200 an advantage
· Management of a number of volunteer fund accounts.
· Primary point of contact for all volunteer financial transactions.
· Help co-ordinate with all project staff to ensure appropriate procurement and disbursement of monies.
· Enforcement of financial procedures in head office – Dublin.
· Data entry, Bank reconciliations, Creditor and Debtor reconciliation.
· Management of payment runs on a monthly basis.
· Assist in the production of timely management accounts
. Assist in the production of Haven US Management Accounts
. Production of Haven UK Management Accounts
. Management of payroll systems for all companies.
. Head Office Administration
· Ad-hoc duties as required from time to time by the Financial Controller.