We are currently looking for an experienced, reliable and trustworthy Personal / Executive Assistant to support the General Manager on a day to day basis.
Who we are
Derrycourt Cleaning Specialists was established in 1992 by Ann O’Hanlon, Managing Director and Martin O’Hanlon, Director. Both Ann and Martin have over 32 years’ experience in the cleaning sector. With this knowledge they have built a strong reputable company which has earned its position as an industry leader.
Derrycourt has achieved numerous awards and accolades including the first Irish Contract Cleaning Company to be awarded Golden Service Award in three consecutive years and awarded Cleanest Premises in Ireland and UK for Healthcare. This is a testament to our commitment to the delivery of a high quality, professional and reliable service.
This family managed business has a strong ethos of working in partnership with its clients, employees and suppliers ensuring that we deliver on our service agreements, ensuring best practice is implemented on each site and site standards are maintained and exceeded.
The Management team at Derrycourt believe that our employees have an integral part to play in our success. Our Cleaning Specialists are trained to the highest standards. We provide intensive continuous training and development for all employees. This development ensures as we grow our employees develop and drive their careers with us.
Derrycourt Cleaning Specialists will commit to the delivery of Service Excellence, with our customers satisfaction as paramount. We will deliver a service which is cost effective, environmentally friendly and efficient, working in harmony with you in order to create the perfect cleaning solution.
Executive / Personal Assistant
- Filter general information, queries, phone calls and invitations to the General Manager and resolving as required.
- Diary and e-mail management for the General Manager. Filter e-mails, highlight urgent correspondence and print attachments.
- Organise inbound e-mails into appropriate folders.
- Schedule on behalf of General Manager meetings with direct reports and committees and groups which they are a member.
- Ensure General Manager is fully briefed on and prepared for any meetings / engagements they are involved in.
- Keep and maintain an accurate record of papers and electronic correspondence on behalf of the General Manager.
- Organise and minute meetings as required by General Manager.
- Responsible for co-ordinating client reports and ensuring they are distributed in line with agreed timelines.
- Ad-Hoc secretarial duties – photocopying, faxing, filing, data-entry, letter writing.
- General support to Managing Director when required and other depts. during busy periods under the direction of the General Manager.
- Carrying out background research into subjects the General Manager is dealing with, and presenting findings in an easily digestible form.
- To plan and organise events and functions as instructed by the General Manager including provision of hospitality for visitors.
- Organising client meetings as required.
- Dealing with travel arrangement and itineraries when required.
- Fleet Management to include Vehicle Purchasing, Tax and Insurance.
- Ensure the head office is maintained to a high level and co-ordinate any maintenance works that may be required.
- To work on adhoc projects as they arise e.g. co-ordination of facility enhancements at head office, new supplier reviews etc.
- To represent Derrycourt in a professional, friendly manner at all times.
- Previous experience acting as a PA or Executive Assistant at a senior level.
- Ability to build excellent relationships at all levels of the business.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Keen eye for attention to detail.
- High level of computer proficiency and demonstrable working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Creative, innovative and willing to contribute ideas and professional opinion.
- Strong sense of initiative and a “can do” attitude.
- Flexible with an ability to work on own initiative.
- Exceptional organisational skills, combined with ability to prioritise competing demands, maintain high quality standards and meet deadlines on multiple projects/tasks.
- Ability to implement a plan from start to finish.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills.
- Integrity when handling highly confidential material, exercise a high level of judgement, confidentiality and discretion.