Cook Medical are currently seeking an experienced Health & Safety Officer to join their team.
To proactively promote a positive Health and Safety environment for all employees. The Environmental Health and Safety Officer will provide technical support on occupational safety, ergonomic issues and other relevant environmental, health and safety issues.
- Carry out risk analysis and implement appropriate control measures.
- Implement and update Health, Safety and Environmental procedures as required.
- Develop training programmes and provide training on EHS control procedures to all company personnel.
- Advise department managers on EHS initiatives relevant to their particular department.
- Ensure compliance with statutory legislation, licences, internal policies and procedures.
- Ensure that monitoring is carried out and records are properly maintained.
- Develop and generate reports in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assist with coordination and management of emergency response procedures.
- Liaise with external Environment, Health and Safety Agencies e.g. HSA, EPA.
- Assist with the development and implementation of continuous improvement objectives and initiatives.
- Ensure compliance with WEEE and Waste Packaging Directives forEurope.
- Monitor trade emissions and assist with management of IPPC licence.
- Ensure that Cook’s Code of Conduct is considered in all business matters carried out on Cook’s behalf.
Qualifications / Experience
- Relevant third level Health and Safety qualification and/or Environmental Science qualification.
- At least 3 years experience in a similar role in a manufacturing environment is desirable.
- IPPC licence management experience
- Knowledge on CE certification of equipment.
- Knowledge and experience of Occupational / Industrial hygiene.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of computer software.
- Availability and willingness to travel on company business.