Employee Relations Specialist
Employee Relations Specialist – Ireland
Halfords are currently recruiting for an Employee Relations Specialist to cover Ireland. The role is based nationwide and requires the flexibility to travel to all parts of the Island of Ireland on a day to day basis, in addition there will be the need to travel to the UK at least once a month. The main purpose of the role is to provide face to face ER support and development to Store Managers, working with Redditch based HR Advisors to progress and manage ER cases.
- To provide face to face expertise and coaching in complicated disciplinary and capability hearings and all appeal, grievance and long term absence meetings including investigations.
- Work with operational line managers, and the HR Advisors in HR Shared Services to manage through ongoing cases through to conclusion.
- Support line managers in achieving professional outcomes including clear correspondence.
- To work with the Service Delivery & Policy Manager to ensure that our policies and procedures comply with employment law and practices in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland where they differ to UK requirements.
- To coach and provide formal training to Operational management colleagues to improve our handling of all ER related cases.
- Provide support to ERAs from other divisions eg should escalation require an alternative HR person to be present.
- Work with ER Advisors, the wider HR Shared services team, HR Business partners to ensure ER issues are handled fairly and consistently across Halfords Retail.
- Support HR initiatives and projects both business wide or ad hoc.
- Proven experience within a true ER Advisory role including face to face meeting support.
- Strong working knowledge of current employment law in the Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland and UK
- Customer focused and determination to deliver with drive.
- Experience of managing and prioritising own workload in a high volume, demanding environment with changing priorities.
- Experience of working regionally in a Retail/multi-site commercial company.
- Works with pace and accuracy, managing caseload professionally and proactively.
- Able to work in a sensitive and diplomatic manner, whilst remaining confident and resilient
- Team driven and able to work collaboratively to deliver consistency across the team
- Able to build relationships effectively and influence line managers more senior than yourself
- Good coaching skills and effective questioning techniques
- IT literate
- Graduate calibre with full CIPD qualification.
- In possession of a current driving licence
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please click on the apply button below.