The Electrical Engineer will be primarily responsible for managing projects that involve electrical heating and electrical fit-out on tanks and containers. This will entail electrical design, sourcing of materials and supervision of the actual fit-out work.
The Electrical Engineer will be primarily responsible for managing projects that involve electrical heating and electrical fit-out on tanks and containers. This will entail electrical design, sourcing of materials and supervision of the actual fit-out work. The electrical engineer will also be expected to participate in a number of mechanical engineering projects as required.
The Electrical Engineer will be responsible for the design and draughting of electrical layout drawings and their relevant documents ensuring these designs meet the applicable industry codes. The electrical engineer will also ensure the work is carried out in accordance with all applicable codes.
As a member of the overall Engineering team, the Electrical Engineer will provide support on Engineering projects that have an electrical engineering content. Currently this involves electrical heating on pressure vessels outers plus control panels, electrical fit out of containerized workshops and laboratories for offshore use and refrigeration systems for containers. The role is to provide technical expertise to ensure that projects are delivered to cost, schedule, technical and quality standards, to meet both client and company expectations.
The Electrical Engineer will be involved in developing designs from concept through to the manufacturing stage:
- Preparing technical specifications
- Liaising with clients and other disciplines to successfully complete projects
- Producing briefs, specifications, design drawings, survey work and technical report writing
- Creating project plans and managing to successful on-time completion
- Degree in Electrical Engineering (or related)
- 2-3 years’ industry experience in similar engineering role
- Electrical design expertise
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Knowledge of ATEX requirements
- Project management skills
- Experience managing electrical contractors
- Familiarity with the offshore oil & gas industry
- Client focus
- Panel building experience
- Ideally cross trained in mechanical tasks