Role – Global SAP Competence Centre Quality Lead. One of the key roles within the Competence Centre is the Quality Lead whose primary responsibility is ensuring that the solution meets the business needs through the implementation of a rigorous testing process.
Role – Global SAP Competence Centre Quality Lead
Our client is implementing a Global SAP Competence Centre to support the design, implementation and operation of their SAP solution which is being implemented across the organisation over the next few years. One of the key roles within the Competence Centre is the Quality Lead whose primary responsibility is ensuring that the solution meets the business needs through the implementation of a rigorous testing process.
The Quality Lead will be deployed initially to the programme where they will be responsible for the management and co-ordination of all Programme testing activities. As part of this role the Quality Lead will also be responsible for the implementation of the Competence Centre Quality function.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Designing and agreeing the test approach, test model and test plan for each release. This will include the use of off shore testing; testing automation; and the adoption of risk based testing.
- Managing the delivery of testing including management of the overall workload of the tester group, balancing the team commitments across different work streams.
- Work with the business and the pilot sites to co-ordinate their testing activities
- Track and measure testing progress to support on time and on budget completion
- Work with the technical team to ensure that all testing tools and testing environments are ready and accessible to the business testers
- Work with the technical and functional teams to co-ordinate resolution of issues which arise during testing
- Report and review test outcomes for each stage of project to ensure they meet entry and exit criteria
- Design and implementation of the Quality function within the SAP Competence Centre.
- Demonstrated track record of management of testing activities on large global ERP projects.
- Demonstrated ability to manage testing teams and in particular in situations where all testing resources are not direct reports.
- Ability to work with business stakeholders at all levels to plan user testing, set expectations, manage concerns and complete sign-off of testing deliverables
- Ability to identify the key business issues that could impact the success of the testing phase and follow up/ escalate as required to achieve resolution
- The ability to motivate people and deliver to tight timelines
- Demonstrated attention to detail with particular focus on structuring the reporting and tracking processes required to manage large testing activities.
- SAP functional knowledge or experience in testing other ERP solutions.