A permanent opportunity exists for an Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Specialist role in a leading Pharmaceutical company. For further information please contact Roisin McNamara at CCP Recruitment on 091 730022 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
A permanent opportunity exists for an Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Specialist role in a leading Pharmaceutical company. The EHS Specialist will be reporting directly to the Associate Director of EHSS. The successful candidate will proactively implement programmes which improve the efficacy of current EHS systems within the company.
- Constantly challenge current EHS systems and practises and implement opportunities which develop site safety culture.
- Evolve and continuously improve the site EHS integrated management system.
- Conduct risk assessments for operations/ tasks/ equipment and implement associated risk controls, ensuring efficacy of results.
- Foster positive working relationships with key stakeholders across site; encourage local ownership of EHS systems/ practises; support key departmental EHS improvement teams.
- Develop and implement EHS training initiatives.
- Take an active role during EHS internal/ external audits.
- Prepare EHS plans covering design/ construction stages of engineering projects.
- Ensure efficacy of key risk control systems such as contractor management and permit to work.
- Investigate accidents/near misses – identify root causes and ensure effective corrective/ preventive actions are implemented.
- Ensure compliance with EHS legislation, permit/ licence requirements.
- Prepare and maintain EHS documentation to the highest possible standards – ensuring that EHS records are effectively controlled and easily retrievable.
Skills, Experience and Education:
- Primary degree in an engineering or science based discipline.
- Qualification(s) in environmental health and safety (ideally at diploma level or above).
- At least three years industrial experience in an EHS related area, ideally within a pharma/chemical manufacturing facility.
- Certification in Lean Six Sigma methodology is an advantage (e.g. yellow/ green belt).
- Proven, motivated self starter able to autonomously develop and implement programmes of positive change and be able to measure success.
- Excellent verbal communicator, with a natural ability to present ideas, consult with stakeholders and obtain buy in – supported by exemplary written communication skills.
- In depth knowledge of Irish/ EU EHS legislation and international best practise.
- Experience of some/all of the following advantageous (not mandatory): IPPC licensing requirements; EHS management systems (e.g. OHSAS18001:2007 and ISO14001); potent pharmaceutical compounds; industrial hygiene; manual handling & ergonomics.
For further information please contact Roisin McNamara at CCP Recruitment on 091 730022