Our client, based in Sligo requires an EHS Officer for a 12 month contract.
Our client, a healthcare company based in Sligo requires an EHS Officer for a 12 month contract.
- In conjunction with area management, maintain a system of hazard auditing and risk assessment to identify appropriate corrective actions and ensure that corrective actions are being implemented.
- Identify Health and Safety training needs and co-ordinate the implementation of necessary programmes with area management.
- Maintain a system of measuring safety performance, including Accident Statistics, which will provide a basis for determining improvement in plant and departmental performance in regard to Health and Safety.
- Co-ordinate and prepare minutes on various safety meetings.
- Ensure that company is maintaining compliance with legislative and corporate requirements and that appropriate programmes (EH+S) are implemented to meet new legislative requirements. Ensure that company is adequately prepared for audits to assess such compliance.
- Co-ordinate and develop Emergency Response arrangements including the provision of adequate training and equipment.
- Maintain a comprehensive environmental programme to ensure full compliance with corporate and statutory (IPC) requirements.
- Ensure a good understanding of cGMP is achieved and that all activities carried out are in compliance with cGMP guidelines.
- Contractor safety & permitting experience would be advantageous
- 3rd level qualification in Health& Safety
- At least 3 years relevant experience
- Certified in Manual Handling would be an advantage
For further details, please contact Aideen Cummins on 071-9142411 or email