Director of Financial Support Services Unit (FSSU) required for Joint Managerial Body in Dundrum, Dublin 14
Role Profile of Director of Financial Support Services Unit
1. Key tasks of the role:
- Manage the day to day operation of the FSSU team
- Liaise with DES officials, Trustees/Patrons, Boards of Management, school Principals and relevant agencies
- Manage the issuing of guidelines and up to date information on financial matters of relevance to schools
- Organise and provide training in school financial management for Principals, Boards of Management and school financial personnel
- Oversee the receipt and coordination of annual accounts from schools
- Monitor and oversee financial evaluation reports to schools
- Provide support through school visits and by regular communication with schools by telephone, email and other means.
- Organise and carry out investigations in particular schools where required or requested by the DES, Trustees/Patrons or school management.
- Report on ongoing issues to the JMB General Secretary, the JMB Council and the DES as appropriate.
2. Core competencies required for the Role
- Leadership skills
- Accounting, economics or financial competence, understanding of best practice and experience in the area of financial management in a school context
- Relationship management and interpersonal skills
- Strategic development and management skills
- Self-awareness and self-management skills
Click here for full job description
Application forms are available from our website www.jmb.ie. Click here for a direct link
Completed application forms should be returned by post to:
The General Secretary,
JMB Secretariat of Secondary Schools,
by the closing date of 5.00pm, on Monday 11th March, 2013
JMB does not accept electronic applications.