Leading manufacturing company in the Mayo region require an experienced Director of Engineering to join their growing facility on the leadership team to lead people, new processes and site upgrades.
Expanding facility in the Mayo region now require an experienced Engineering Director to lead and drive all aspects of the engineering and technical services function, including Facilities Management programme, the Project Management Office, Capital Expenditure, Plant and Process Engineering, Facilities Strategic Planning, along with responsibility for the EHS and IS functions.
The Director of Engineering will serve as a member of the Site Leadership Team and ultimately be accountable for driving reliability, value and compliance across a matrix organisation.
The position will lead a team, including technical services, engineering, project management, EHS, IS and Integrated Facilities Management (IFM). The team will be responsible for Capital Projects, Building Management Services, Plant and Process Equipment, Utilities Operation, Manufacturing Systems, EHS and IS systems. These duties will be performed in compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
The Engineering Leader will foster strong working relationships with each functional group, internal and external stakeholder to ensure reliable operations across the site. The successful candidate must have the ability to balance deeply technical and complicated matters while delivering world class service through cross functional teamwork.
- As a member of the Site Leadership Team, the Engineering Director will design, develop and implement the sites strategic plans and programmes to deliver world class service and performance.
- Lead and direct the capital projects programme, capital budget and timelines for the site.
- Develop, implement and own the facilities and engineering strategy and the associated long range plans for the site.
- Ensure key utilities, HVAC, process equipment and associated systems are appropriately supported, validated and approved for manufacturing activities.
- Manage all engineering, IFM and technical services activities to meet and optimise manufacturing plant shutdown schedules whilst maintaining a high level of GMP compliance and cost efficiency.
- Lead and own the sites Integrated Facilities Management programme.
- Provide leadership and support for the sites EHS programme to meet regulatory and corporate requirements at a minimum, and strive for world class EHS performance across the organisation.
- Support and direct the sites energy management programme to meet internal and Global Operations requirements.
- Lead and support the sites IS programme to ensure that site activities are appropriately served and that IS strategic plans are developed and implemented.
- Ensure that Engineering and Technical Services teams initiate and complete investigations, deviations, CAPA’s and Change Controls as required.
- Manage the Business Continuity Plans for the site.
- Communicate operational status to the appropriate plant leadership team and to Global Operations team, as required, at the appropriate level of detail.
- Direct and lead the continuous improvement of the engineering and technical services function to meet regulatory, corporate and internal requirements.
- Build an engineering and technical services organization that is fit for purpose, sustain employee engagement by creating a culture of inclusion and transparency in which individuals and teams can excel and continuously improve.
- Ensure appropriate training of personnel in relevant curriculum.
- Guide departmental personnel using effective performance reviews, training and development programmes, setting and tracking goals and objectives.
- Build and maintain strong and diverse relationships across the organization, including key client groups, peers, senior management, and subordinates.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree level qualification in Engineering or an associated technical discipline
- Preference given to candidates with advanced degrees in a relevant technical discipline
- 10 years overall experience in cGMP industry with a minimum of 5 years in a similar role
- Sophisticated management style, comfortable in motivating people positively, building trust and communicating effectively
- Demonstrated ability to build, organize and lead technical teams to support site activities;
- Experience directly leading capital expense projects
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to logically and concisely communicate complex issue to various audiences.
- Proven Leadership skills with strategic mindset, drives results and excellent negotiation skills;
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role/company please email your CV to:
Call Michelle on 091 706711