Deskside Support - immediate Start - Contract 3 - 6 Months - URGENT must have MS experience
Our prominent multinational client have retained IT Staff in the search for a suitably qualified:-
Deskside Support / Client Services Analyst
Provide support to the business for the IT and Communications infrastructure. Delivery of first level support to identify and resolve problems across the installed hardware and software landscape. Participate in site and global project work as required.
Provide first line support for all IT systems ensuring that a) all issues and requests are logged and reported on in CCSN and b) issues are resolved and requests are fulfilled within agreed Service Level Agreements. Ensure desktop software licence compliance. Provide support and training for core desktop applications in coordination with Business Systems Training Specialist. Proactively work with Service Desk to ensure that SLA targets are achieved.
- Provide support and life cycle management (LCM) for IT infrastructure, to include:
- Mobile Devices (Smartphones / WMRF Handheld / Tablets etc.)
- Desktop and laptop PCs
- Communications and print infrastructure
Participate as required in cross-functional and IT projects and teams to ensure rollout of IT solutions which meet business needs
Ensure that Change management procedures are adhered to and that all changes / upgrades to IT infrastructure are implemented in a controlled manner and that IT Asset registers are updated as required. Provide backup as required to Technology Services team on infrastructure.
- Ensure compliance with and awareness of IT Corporate Standards
- Providing support to internal customers – workstations, I/O devices, Business Applications, Access etc.
- Managing vendors and contractors on a day to day basis to ensure effective cost management, program management to SLA and scope, problem solving and resolution, alternative sources of supply, as well as appropriate Life Cycle and technology refresh initiatives
- Managing multiple projects across a wide range of systems.
JUDGMENT AND DECISION MAKING:
- Working as a key team member of IT team.
- Liaising with engineering department on installation of new production systems, assisting with IT technical aspects of their projects.
- Ensuring that contractors at all times adhere to site GMP and Safety regulations.
- Working in a manufacturing environment.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS:
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Self-starter with a questioning approach.
- Ability to communicate at all levels both verbally and in writing.
- Good team player.
- Excellent Project Management and reporting skills.
- Vendor negotiating and management skills.
- Ability to research, analyse problems and present technical solutions to a wide variety of problems.
- Good planning, organising and administrative skills.
- Ability to provide clear concise documentation of projects / issues and status reports on a regular basis.
- Strong Customer Service focus
RELATED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS/ QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree / Diploma in IT related subject.
- MCSE Certification
- 2 to 3 Years Relevant Experience
- Windows NT, XP and 7 for Desktop
- Windows 2003 For Server
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Products
- Knowledge of Ethernet Cabling Systems
- Internet Technology
- Adherence to Corporate IT guidelines is essential.
- Diligence in complying with Software Licensing obligations.
- Diligence in keeping hardware asset register updated
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of technology users
- Computer Science Degree or related Diploma
- MCSE Certification
- ITIL Foundation Level Certification
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimum supervisor required.
- Ability to manage multiple vendors working on multiple projects.
- Ability to manage projects from design stage to implementation with minimum of assistance required
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
What now. If you wish to discuss this position further please do not hesitate to contact Paul Murphy on the number
provided alternatively you can submit your CV by pressing the Apply button above or below.