Development Engineer in Co Roscommon
Design & Development Engineer
Brightpath Recruitment is currently seeking a Development Engineer for our client, a medical device company that provide advanced extrusions and catheter design, development and manufacturing services. They have their own custom extrusions and contract medical devices that are supplied to the cardiology, peripheral vascular, neuro vascular, CVC, urology, respiratory and other clinical markets.
What’s on Offer?
As Development engineer you will work with cross functional teams to lead and participate in product and technology development projects. This will cover a broad range of clinical and technology fields, as required to meet the growing needs of their multinational based client companies. You will support development projects through a multi-phase program from concept to commercial launch.
You will join a company of talented, entrepreneurial individuals with a shared commitment to innovation, collaboration and improving quality of life. You will be employed to continually think on behalf of their customers, to develop better and new ways of working to keep growing personally and professionally. This an ideally workplace if you thrive in innovative, collaborative and a face paced environment.
- Develop new concepts from initial design through design verification to market release.
- Lead the introduction of new technologies and optimizes existing technology.
- Design and implement new methodologies, materials, machines, processes or products to bring concept to market, including essential product and process documentation.
- Conduct feasibility studies of the design to determine ability to function as intended.
- Maintain detailed documentation throughout all phases of research and development.
- Prepare effective project plans and manages project execution through development phases as appropriate.
- Conduct risk analysis for products under development.
- Coordinate activities with outside suppliers and consultants to ensure the delivery of supplies or services needed to meet scheduled timelines.
- Execute validation of both product and technologies in conjunction with support functions.
What you need to succeed:
- Degree in Mechanical, Plastics or Biomedical Engineering is desired.
- At least 5 years of medical device design and development experience is desired.
- Good working knowledge of applied statistics desirable
- Familiarity with design for manufacturability is desired.
- Experience working with operations to develop strong manufacturing process instructions and operator training to ensure smooth product transition into the manufacturing environment is required.
- Effective management of resources.
- Customer focus with excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- Must have a good working knowledge of the medical device industry and of ISO13485, FDA QSIT and regulatory requirements.
- Detailed knowledge of MDD 93/42 EEC requirements and design control procedures.