The Demand Planning Specialist will be responsible for deriving, loading and maintaining accurate weekly forecasts. They will also be accountable for communicating key changes and exceptions to the sales and operations groups.
OtterBox is an innovator of protective solutions for mobile handheld technology. We are focused on innovation and reliable processes to ensure high-quality products. As a company, we embody the spirit of an otter; we work hard and play hard together. We have big goals, high standards and we constantly try to outdo ourselves. There’s never a dull moment here and the weeks disappear before our eyes – we call it Otter-time.
Do you have mad skills? Passion? Creativity? Enjoy change? Got a sense of humor? Want to love going to work each day? We’re looking for crazy-talented team-players to join our world-class team of awesome Otters.
At OtterBox, it’s not one person changing the world of cases, it’s a team!
The Demand Planning Specialist will be responsible for deriving, loading and maintaining accurate weekly forecasts. They will also be accountable for communicating key changes and exceptions to the sales and operations groups. The Demand Planning Specialist will need to develop relationships with their respective key accounts and foster collaborative working processes in order to build forecasts. The Specialist will be required to report their forecast accuracy on a weekly basis and take corrective action where needed.
What You’ll Do (but not limited to):
- Accountable for developing sales forecasts with relevant sales account managers and customers.
- Monitor Supply, Order, shipment and POS information throughout the supply chain and use as inputs to build forecasts.
- Coordinate with OtterBox Planners in China and the US to execute supply plan.
- Oversee purchasing from selected manufacturers.
- Responsible for inventory management.
- Work with Product and Sales teams to build new product and promotional forecasts.
- Prepare and lead monthly forecast reviews for assigned customers.
- Provide detailed analysis of forecast changes and communicate to relevant teams.
- Key contact with sales for all demand planning and sales forecasting communication.
- Develop and publish key forecast accuracy metrics for respective customers along with recommendations for improvement.
- Analyse prior forecasts to identify potential sources of error and make appropriate adjustments.
- Foster cross-functional discussion to improve process and/or inputs that could impact forecast.
- Work with customers to assist with purchase planning.
- Oversee inventory management for web fulfillment partner.
- Accountable for generation and reporting of On Time Delivery related metrics.
What You’re Made of: Communication skills, decision quality, drive for results, innovation management, negotiating, organising, planning, adaptability, problem solving.
What You Need (but not limited to):
- B.A. or B.S. degree in Business, Supply Chain, Operations or related field required.
- Minimum 3-5 years forecasting experience in Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) Industry preferred.
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency with spreadsheets, databases and reporting tools. MS Excel, PowerPoint and Access a must.
- Ability to work with large amounts of data and creatively seek information to improve processes, find solutions to business questions and issues, and drive resolution.
- Detail-oriented with excellent project management, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Proven initiative (self-starter) and responsibility demonstrated through prior work experience.
- Familiar with Enterprise Resource Planning systems.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written and presentation.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
To Apply: Please apply through the following link: