Data Center Technical Fit Out Project Manager
Hi there! We've updated our Jobs site and added some new features to improve your experience.
This position is based in our EU Headquarters in Dublin, Ireland.
The area: Technical Infrastructure
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
The role: Data Center Technical Fit Out Project Manager
Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus. As a Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it's your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project's progress and deadlines.
- Work with internal stakeholders such as fit out deployment, network, data center engineering, data center hardware operations, supply chain and logistics, to ensure the delivering of specifications, ordering of materials and equipment are done in a timely manner to ensure the approval of technical specifications, material and equipment orders, deployment plans are in place and implemented.
- Conduct regular management and site meetings in relation to data center IT equipment and racks fit out.
- Coordinate with the site construction project managers to align priorities and site management.
- Work with internal teams to manage the material ordering, delivery and storage of materials and parts that are required for the DC turns up.
- Work with site construction project managers to manage local contractors. This includes the selection and appointment of specialist technical fit out contractors.
- BS degree (In lieu of degree, relevant skills or equivalent experience).
- Relevant work experience, including experience in project management, data center hardware and network infrastructure deployment.
- Experience in project management of complex data center hardware and network infrastructure deployment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, ability to prioritize work efficiently, and good team orientation.
- IP technology knowledge, certifications in CCNA, or JCNIA; and RCDD (Registered Communications Distribution Designer) certification.
- Experience in building large and scalable data center.
- Some OSP (OutSide Plant) experience.
- Travel necessary: up to 50%.