Credit Risk Underwriter required for financial services company. Email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01-6797990.
Credit Risk Underwriter required for leading financial services institution. This position will sit in Compliance and Risk and is an ideal opportunity for an experienced credit analyst to broaden their knowledge and skills in a non- client facing position with exposure to senior board level.
Overview of the team:
Group Risk & Compliance is a control function responsible for the oversight of risk in the group, including credit, market, liquidity and operational risk and for monitoring the group’s compliance with all relevant legislation and regulation.
- Work closely with the business units to analyse and document the risks to be considered in credit underwriting decisions and make recommendations as appropriate
- Monitor market trends and forecasts and be subject matter experts on key market segments
- Actively contribute to an intellectually challenging environment to ensure risks are adequately assessed based on thorough analysis and debate, including challenging more senior risk and business colleagues
- Provide risk policy guidance and expertise to business partners and oversee / promote compliance with credit policy.
- Ensure loans are appropriately classified and provisioned and risks are properly reported
- Contribute to a culture where the risk function is a desirable place to work and which is respected by business partners and other stakeholders
- Responsibility for ensuring all relevant information is captured and maintained on MIS
- Minimum 4 years experience in credit analysis within a financial services company.
- Preferably experience with loan restructures and management of problem loans, ideally in a property-related environment.
- A proven track-record in making sound banking management decisions
- A knowledge of insolvency laws and procedures
- Excellent communication skills.
- Fluency in English is essential.
If you are interested in this opportunity and meet these requirements, please send your CV to the above email address or call us on 01-6797990 for a confidential discussion.