VP Level/Senior Manager paying 90k+ experience dependent. Please contact Larry on 01 6760505 for a confidential chat.
Role: Senior Compliance Manager - Anti-Money Laundering
Reporting Line: Head of Compliance - Ireland
Purpose: This Senior role involves managing the Anti-Money Laundering (AML) requirements of operations inIreland from a Compliance perspective. These operations involve multiple legal entities in multiple locations withinIreland and other jurisdictions whereIreland has outsourced functions. Activities include transfer agency services, fund accounting, trustee and corporate trust operations. The role involves driving and managing the AML agenda from a Group and local regulatory perspective.
- Regulatory Requirements - Identify and manage the regulatory requirements of AML on a risk basis.
- Compliance Plan - Prepare AML Monitoring Plan on an annual basis for relevant business lines and entities.
- Manage the Compliance Monitoring programme - Schedule, conduct and oversee as appropriate, AML Monitoring on specified areas of the business, on the basis of the plan and issues arising, in order to monitor 's compliance with procedures, regulatory and statutory obligations.
- Regulatory Issues - Dealing with Regulatory Correspondence both to and from regulatory authorities, as part of regular reporting requirements, and on issues arising in respect of AML.
- Technical Compliance Service - Interpretation and provision of guidance to senior management and operational areas in relation to regulatory change.
- Advisory Service - Providing regulatory advice and guidance to business areas in respect of AML issues arising.
- Record Management - Maintenance of AML regulatory database and associated monitoring activities.
- Project work - Involvement with the business on projects which have a regulatory/AML aspect.
- Relationship Management - Management liaison on regulatory and policy matters.
- Reporting - Provision of reports and presentations to senior management and Boards on a regular basis and as required.
- Training -Development of and provision of training to the business on AML, to cover both Group and local regulatory requirements.
- AML Risk Assessment -to be maintained and reviewed for each business line and entity.
- A minimum of 5-10 years senior management experience within a Compliance framework, preferably with a significant AML/financial crime focus.
- Solid knowledge of AML regulations, and regulatory requirements.
- Strong knowledge of transfer agency, funds operations and custody a distinct advantage.
- Audit or Internal Control experience also an advantage
Qualifications and Training:
- Third level qualification in Business, Legal, or Accountancy.
Job skills & knowledge
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and ability to deal effectively with senior management.
- Strong influencing skills
- Sound analytical skills.
- Teamwork is a key aspect of this role, as the Compliance Department works closely together, and needs to communicate effectively.
- Focused attitude to work with the ability to constantly meet deadlines while ensuring attention to detail, and high levels of accuracy;
- Ability to make robust decisions in a fast moving environment.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to work on a number of projects to strict deadlines.
- Good PC skills.