The key function of the Company Accountant is to prepare and submit the monthly accounts, annual forecast and budgets and annual statutory accounts. Responsible for maintaining all aspects of the day to day Finance function.
Title: Company Accountant, fixed term contract (maternity leave)
Reporting To: Finance Director
Base: Kilkenny (some travel to UK required but very limited)
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare monthly management accounts and complete monthly closings for internal reporting by deadline;
- Oversee and manage the day-to-day activities of the finance team;
- Establish, maintain, and coordinate the implementation of controls and procedures;
- Maintain financial forecasts, reflecting up to date business inputs;
- Budgeting and variance analysis;
- Cashflow management;
- Assist with the preparation and reporting of annual forecasts and budgets;
- Internal control improvements;
- Review and approve monthly creditors and bank reconciliations;
- Coordinating SOX compliance testing for own area;
- Prepare financial compliance reporting for statutory and client audit.
Relationship with other functions –
Close working relationships will be required with other internal departments in order to understand key operational
considerations and provide value added analysis and support.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- ACA / ACCA / CIMA qualified with 4+ years post-qualification industry experience is critical for this role;
- Ability to analyse financial data, prepare financial reports, statements and projections;
- The ability to engage with all levels in the organisation will be important supported with strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Knowledge of RCT, VAT and general tax;
- An effective relationship builder with a clear understanding of the role the Finance Function provides for the business;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Confident and energetic self starter, with ability to work on own initiative and to work to tight deadlines within a fast paced and ever changing environment.