Fáilte Ireland invites applications for the positions of Communications Officers
2. Fixed Term Contract (approx. six months but not exceeding 11 months).
The roles will report to the Head of Communication. The roles are based in Dublin.
- Deliver public relations activities to communicate Fáilte Ireland’s priorities and achievements to stakeholders and public;
- Identify and implement proactive media campaigns to promote the work of Fáilte Ireland to key audiences;
- Manage incoming press queries and provide responses which appropriately reflect the important work of Fáilte Ireland;
- Provide support and briefing to Fáilte Ireland spokespeople in preparation for media engagements and co-ordinate training if required;
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with media and other stakeholders;
- Manage the measurement and analysis of Fáilte Ireland’s media coverage and impact;
- Assisting with the measurement of communications activity to ensure it is in line with the organisation’s objectives (including social media and email marketing measurements as well);
- Close liaison and interaction with all internal teams to determine publicity requirements and identify opportunities;
- Co-ordination of communications events – including logistics and organisation;
- Co-ordination of photo opportunities – issue photo-call notices, engaging in photographic services along with liaising with photographers, dissemination of images and captions;
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the corporate social media output;
- Communicate Fáilte Ireland key messages through existing industry and staff channels;
- Provide support in development of speeches, briefings, papers and other written materiel where requested;
- Promote the corporate brand by managing the organisation’s presence at key events throughout the year.
*The successful candidates will commence on the 1st point of the salary scale in line with current Government policy.
At least three years’ experience in a communications or media role is required
Third level qualification in an appropriate or related field
Key Technical Skills
Demonstrable ability to write to a high standard
- Strong presentation skills
- Shows strong understanding of modern media and communications environment
- Public Relations experience
Experience with social media, digital marketing tools and platforms
- Internal communications experience
- Stakeholder/ Relationship Management experience
- Content Management experience
- Good understanding of digital marketing, and email marketing in particular
Key Personal Attributes
A team player with previous experience in communications and relationship management;
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to plan and prioritise work to meet deadlines;
- Keen attention to detail and ability to follow through to complete tasks.
- Relationship Management
- Problem solving
- Communication (written and verbal) Skills
- Project management