Maldron Hotel Tallaght is looking for a Commis Chef. Must have experience in a similar position in 4 /5* hotel operations.
Maldron Hotel Tallaght are looking for an Experienced Commis Chef
Reporting to the Head Chef the successful candidate will be required to the consistency of the food that is being presented to our guests in accordance with statutory, health and safety requirements at all times. Prepare and cook food in accordance with the hygiene and safety standards as set down by the Hotel.
- Maximise guest satisfaction by providing the highest food quality consistent with cost control and profitability margins of the hotel kitchen
- Assures adherence to the Hotel standards of food quality, preparation, recipes, and presentation.
- ensure correct preparation and delivery time to provide food for functions a la carte groups, breakfast and room service.
- Maintains product consistency by conducting inspections of seasonings, portions, and food appearance and follow-up appropriately.
- To ensure SOP’s for all dishes are set and implemented.
- Assures proper safety hygiene and sanitation are followed.
- interaction with other departments and team work daily and takes action to improve.
Experience: The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate some experience in a similar role within hotels.
Salary: Dependant on experience
- Previous experience as a commis Chef in a busy 4/5* hotel kitchen
- Extensive knowledge of good food handling, food standards and presentation.
- Excellent leadership, organisational, communication and motivational skills
- Sound knowledge and passion for food
- Thorough working knowledge of HACCP
- Must have a good level or spoken and written English