Commercial Contracts Solicitor
Commercial Contracts Solicitor;
Brandtone (headquartered in Dublin, Ireland) provides consumer profiling and mobile marketing service (through utilization of mobile telecommunications) to Fast Moving Consumer Goods (‘’FMCG’’) companies in emerging markets, and strategically utilizes the resulting consumer profiles created for future direct marketing activities.
An opportunity has now arisen for a Commercial Contracts Solicitor with more that five (5) years PQE to join our growing business. This will appeal to an ambitious lawyer who is keen to work as part of a dynamic and fast growing company.
The key responsibilities will include:
- Review, negotiate and draft legal documents, including customer supply agreements, terms of business, confidentiality agreements, commercial contracts, and agency agreements.
- Advise on commercial transactions, including due diligence, letters of intent, and letters of engagement.
- Draft memoranda in relation to legal issues arising out of the application and interpretation of documents.
- Review compliance of all agreements and liaise with Revenue or appropriate governing or regulatory bodies across multiple juristictions as appropriate to obtain appropriate approvals and/or to ensure compliance.
- Identify the laws and any regulations relevant to the company and ensure appropriate and timely advise and guidance is provided to management on such matters.
- Advise on the implications of relevant Directives [e.g. Data Protection] and compliance with same acros multiple juristictions.
- Advise on the protection of intellectual property right clauses in commercial agreements [where appropriate].
- Develop policies, procedures and controls to monitor legal and regulatory compliance.
- Provide assistance to other business departments by conducting legal research and analysis on various issues, including employment issues.
- Liaising with our lawyers on various legal matters across multiple juristictions.
We are seeking an individual on a full time basis with the following experience and qualities:
- Broad commercial contracts experience gained in private practice or as in-house counsel;
- Experience in drafting and advising on technology, IP licensing, data protection, distribution, agency and general commercial agreements;
- Knowledge of consumer law and data protection law;
- Strong analytical and drafting skills and sound commercial judgement;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with a proven ability to work as part of a team and to deal directly with clients;
- Ambitious, personally driven with a strong work and team ethic.
A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
Closing date for applications is Monday, February 18th, 2013.