Allianz Worldwide Ca
Allianz Worldwide Care Profile
Headquartered in Dublin, Allianz Worldwide Care specializes in providing international health insurance for employees, individuals and their dependants, wherever they are in the world. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Allianz SE, the company is able to draw on the resources and expertise of one of the world’s leading insurers and financial services providers. With nearly 153,000 employees worldwide, the Allianz Group serves 75 million customers in 70 countries. Based in Park West, Dublin 12, Allianz Worldwide Care employs 600 staff.
Allianz Worldwide Care is the only international health insurance provider to offer a 48-hour turnaround on submitted medical claims, under its "Clear to Zero" claims handling initiative. With a 95% client retention rate and a customer base that includes many of the Fortune Global 500 companies, Allianz Worldwide Care continues to build a reputation for service excellence in international healthcare.
- The aligning of sales volume & lives with headcount while ensuring the Clear to Zero Service level is maintained.
- Ensure productivity of claims officer is appropriate and acceptable as to their level of service, experience & assigned business group or medical provider.
- Ensure the implementation of ‘Usual and customary rates’ with Medical Providers Worldwide.
- Participate in maintaining good relationships with our clients and brokers.
- Liaise with external stakeholders (brokers, group secretaries etc) and other departments (Helpline) regarding escalated issues.
- Coach team members to technically assess claims, thereby contributing towards the attainment of targeted decline ratios.
- To work closely with the Company Medical Director.
- To be able to carry out a change management process.
- Support the day to day organization of the department through strong Man Management skills with a focus on cost containment being a key factor.
- Ensure a program of quality is implemented within Department
- In the absence of the Claims Manager, furnish the Head of Operations/General Manager with weekly claims Reports for communication to the EC and attend the weekly business department update meetings with the Head of operations.
- Carry out individual performance management in order to:
1] Maintain and improve individual productivity, quality and decline rate levels
2] Facilitate an effective flow of information within the department
3] Foster and maintain staff morale
4] Promote staff personal development
- Carry out regular team meetings to improve internal communication and to support the claims manager by informing staff of departmental policies and protocols. Idea generation and problem solving should be part of such meetings.
- Identify and implement system & process enhancement ideas to maximise productivity and improve the quality of adjudication decisions.
- Actively participate in various operational activities, outside of claims, to ensure that operational service delivery is co-ordinated to meet and exceed clients’ expectations.
- To supervise and ensure the effective management of their assigned claims team to ensure company objectives are achieved.
- These include "Clear to Zero"; daily closing targets; quality; staff retention and motivation.
- Verify and release processed claims with payment amounts in excess of Team Leaders to ensure the accurate settlement of high value claims.
- Responsibility for Health, Safety and Welfare within team (please refer to the Company’s Safety Statement for full list of responsibilities)
- Completion of or progression towards the Diploma in Private Medical Insurance and/or relevant underwriting qualification
- Proven record in running and organising a team or department.
- People Management Experience
- Strong Knowledge of Microsoft Office ( Excel, Word)
- Customer focused
- Strong communication (verbal & written)
- Honesty and Integrity
- Ability to motivate others
- Ability to prioritise workload and manage time effectively
- Ability to work well under pressure
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in growing multicultural company committed to empowering its employees and furthering their development. A competitive remuneration and benefits package is offered, including healthcare, pension, life & disability, travel subsidy, discounts on home and car insurance, sports & social club and support for professional studies
To learn more about us please visit
Allianz Worldwide Care is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Allianz Worldwide Care does not require the assistance of Recruitment Agencies