COO with responsibility for general & financial management, HR, Quality, Compliance & Communications in dynamic city centre fertility clinic.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
To manage and lead all aspects of financial and operational functions in line with commercial objectives and targets.
MAIN DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- · Lead all commercially and operationally focussed activities including business management, compliance, marketing, human resources and finance, reporting to the Clinic Director.
- · Control all relevant areas of financial management and associated reporting.
- · Develop and implement marketing plans in order to generate growth for the business.
- · Lead change within the Clinic with regard to innovation and the development of new services and treatments
- · Develop an understanding of the competitors, market trends/needs and scientific trends related to the business.
- · Identify market opportunities and drive the organisation to leverage those opportunities to deliver sustainable business opportunities.
- · Manage training and development of staff.
- · Develop and manage and foster relationships with relevant opinion leaders, medical practitioners and key suppliers.
- · Oversee implementation and monitoring of the company IT based systems.
- · Identify and resolve weaknesses and inefficiencies in company processes.
- · Develop and agree productivity targets to be met through proper and structured planning with managers, monitoring that efficient work practices are being followed and use reporting tools to monitor and control outcomes.
PRINCIPAL QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATIONAL STANDARDS REQUIRED
A relevant third level qualification. An MBA or a relevant business or marketing qualification masters level degree would be a distinct advantage
- · Minimum 5 years senior management experience.
- · Track record of achievement in implementing innovative processes and controls.
- · Sound knowledge of financial management, budgeting and forecasts
- · Knowledge of quality systems with previous experience in GMP Compliance and auditing advantageous.
- · Experience in a healthcare or science environment desirable
- · Strong commercial acumen and experience managing the full P&L of a business.
- · Excellent people skills
- · Proven ability to inspire, motivate and lead a team
- · Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- · Good organisational and planning skills.
- · Ability to prioritise.
- · Excellent attention to detail.
- · Project management skills.
- · Good IT, budget and report writing skills.
- · Ability to develop trusting relationships
- · Ability to work well under pressure.
- · Highly motivated, success driven.
- · Moral and ethical integrity
- · Professional manner
- · Results orientated with high level of drive and energy
REMUNERATION & BENEFITS
- · An attractive salary and benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate