We have a fantastic opportunity for a Section Manager (Chemistry) to join our team in Dungarvan Co Waterford.
onsider joining Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories where people are the most important element in our business. Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories is a leading contract lab that provides testing and research services in the environmental, pharmaceutical, and biopharmaceutical sciences to clients worldwide.
Due to the expansion of our operations here in Dungarvan, we have a new and fantastic opportunity for a Section Manager (Chemistry) to join our team in Dungarvan Co Waterford.
The purpose of this job is to manage Finished Product group. The Section Manager must ensure appropriate systems and controls are implemented to facilitate the growth of the group and the needs of the business. The group must be managed so that customer requirements, quality requirements, and organisational goals are met and that it is commercially successful and agreed financial goals are met. Staff must be led, motivated and developed so that they are able to react effectively to the changing business needs.
- Effectively manage all members of their team including areas such as, work rotas, productivity, training & development, housekeeping, safety, quality, documentation, etc. to ensure the laboratory is run at maximum efficiency.
- Ensure processes and systems are in place to ensure that routine analyses and project work is completed as required and customer reports are available in a timely manner.
- Provide continuous feedback to all members of their team on all items in relation to customer or organisational requirements/changes.
- Handle any customer related query and lead the investigation of any complaint, liaising with their team to problem solve these queries if needed.
- Ensure all documentation is completed and filed accurately, updated as required and on time in line with company procedures.
- Communicate regularly with their team and all other ancillary groups to ensure information is transferred effectively throughout the organisation.
- Approve and keep updated laboratory SOPs in their area of work. Approval of all Quality and technical agreements with clients.
- Ensure the quality of the day-to-day work coming out of the laboratory meets company standards and for problem solving any quality issues with other members of the organisation.
- Ensure that all analysts are trained and have completed training records for all tests and other training completed. To keep their training records up to date and to initiate training where possible.
- Continually liaise with management, customers and other members of the organisation on any relevant problem areas or enhancements to the business.
- Ensure equipment is properly maintained and in the event of a breakdown that it is repaired in accordance with company procedures (with reference to timeliness, quality and cost.)
- Adhere to all company standards in the area of safety, housekeeping and quality, notifying management of any discrepancies.
- Ensure that customers’ requirements are fully met and in so doing be flexible to work in any area of the business as is required and continously work to improve relationships with customers. Attend customer business review meetings
- Identify any opportunities for improvement of quality and service and work with the team to implement continuous improvement initiatives.
- Collaborate with Peers to ensure improvements are leveraged across the business and potential for similar issues avoided.
- Ensure each team member is given specific challenging SMART goals aligned with the site goal tree.
- Establish and manage key metrics in the areas of quality, customer satisfaction/delivery, financials and Health and safety. Ensuring all target set are met and any trends noticed are addressed.
- Lead internal and External/regulatory audits for area of responsibility, including audit preparation, area tour, support queries during the audit and follow up of actions to closure
- Manage headcount within team, to ensure resources are aligned with business requirements. Lead the recruitment and selection process for area of responsibility.
Experience & Education
- Degree in a Scientific discipline
- Preferably 3 -5 years’ experience as a Team Leader in a testing environment.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Good commercial awareness and business acumen.
- Good team player, organised, accurate, have strong documentation skills.
- Passionate about quality and customer service.
- Good communication skills both internally and externally. Ability to understand customers’ requirements and to be able to devise and articulate the most appropriate solutions.