Chemical Production Engineer (23 Month Contract) required for CorkFor further information please contact Deirdre Finnerty at CCP Recruitment on 091 730022 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Chemical Production Engineer (23 Month Contract)
Main duties and responsibilities:
The Chemical Production Engineer is responsible for project implementation from concept phase through to commissioning, validation and hand-over. His/her duties (either directly, or by managing other suitably qualified people) include:
- Supporting the customer department in clearly specifying the project scope.
- Developing a cost effective, innovative, practical design, taking into account cGMP and HSE requirements. This includes developing attainable cost estimates and schedules.
- Managing the project installation/construction phase, ensuring all personnel working on the project comply with safety and quality requirements and disruption to existing processes is minimised.
- Ensuring all required commissioning and testing is executed and documented.
- Ensuring an effective handover to the customer department, with all training complete and minimal delay in full operation.
- During project implementation the following will be required:
- Ensuring that all developments and installations are carried out under the appropriate controls and procedures
- Act as project supervisor/design and project supervisor/construction for construction projects.
- The Chemical Production Engineer is also responsible for support of the production function. These duties include:
- Assist in the development of solutions to particular production related problems from general operations to control systems, engineering restrictions, environmental issues, incorrect design and development of particular requirements.
- Propose and implement innovative and cost effective solutions to process problems.
- The use of ones own initiative in assisting in the implementation of duties and reviewing operation procedures (equipment specific) to increase efficiencies and optimisation of same.
- Support New Process Introduction by developing gap assessments for the process requirements against the existing facilities and generating project plans to remove the identified gaps.
- Provide technical support for site safety development. This will include participation in HAZOPs and incident investigations, as well as active involvement in site safety teams (HSE, ergonomics, PbOEL).
- Provide technical support for site Environmental Policy.
- Provide technical support for the Quality function. This will include participation in audit preparation, deviation investigations and development of quality reports.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of standards, engineering specifications and procedures to ensure compliance with current legislation, requirements and current best practice.
- Participation in company based and international cross functional teams (Process Excellence, Design Excellence, International Taskforces).
Education and Experience:
- Third level engineering qualification with experience in the Chemical / Pharmaceutical sector
For further information please contact Deirdre Finnerty at CCP Recruitment on 091 730022