Chef de Partie required - To prepare food using the correct method of storage, preparation, cooking and presentation. To adhere to all Health and Safety Regulations required
Maldron Hotel, Tallaght has an exciting opportunity for a Full Time Chef de Partie to join our team here in the hotel. Superbly located in South Dublin, with 119 bedrooms and extensive Food & Beverage and Coference & Banqueting facilities, this is a fantastic opportunity to join a large hotel group.
Reporting to the Head Chef and Senior Management Team the main duties of the Chef de Partie will be:
- To assist with preparation for stocktaking /assist with stocktaking.
- To maintain the level of cleanliness of the Maldron Hotel by following our set guide lines.
- To place orders with suppliers for food, beverages and commodities when required.
- To ensure the SOP’s for all dishes are implemented.
- To assist the Head Chef in the training, development and supervision of chefs and kitchen stewards.
- To recommend procedural and profitability improvements.
- To check deliveries when requested. Goods received must correspond with the order book and delivery note; Quality of produce; Correct temperature.
- To ensure correct storage of food. (Hot food kept above 63°C,chilled food kept below 5°C. Frozen food kept below 22°C. Cooked food stored above raw produce.
- Stock rotation and wastage procedures to be carried out.
- To prepare food for all outlets. While doing so prevent cross contamination and follow dish specifications and exercise portion control.
- To cook and present food for all outlets. Food not to be re-heated more than once; center of food heated to 75°C.
- Abide by all the hotels HACCP procedures and complete all HACCP documentation as required.
- To be flexible in your approach to working hours and rosters, weekend and split shift work is required.
- To assist in training of other staff
- To comply with company/legal regulations regarding, a) Fire; b) Health and Safety; c) Hygiene; d) Customer Care; e) Security.
- To read, understand and carry out your responsibilities as defined in the Health and Safety Statement and StaffHandbook.Experience in a silinmar Hotel environment beneficial.