The Willis Towers Watson Captive Management practice have a new opportunity for an Account Manager to join their team.
Account Manager – Qualified Accountant
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 39,000 employees in more than 120 territories. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas — the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Unlock your potential at Willis Towers Watson.
The Willis Towers Watson Global Captive Practice provides expertise in designing, forming, managing and providing strategic guidance to captives of all types in over 35 major captive domiciles. Willis Towers Watson is engaged with more than 700 captives worldwide, approximately 450 of which are under management with gross premiums in excess of $5.8 billion and total captive assets of nearly $33 billion. There are three principal aspects to our services for captives: Captive Consulting, Captive Management, and Actuarial Services. The Practice has over 200 dedicated employees, including CPAs, risk finance specialists, actuaries, captive management experts and strategic planning consultants.
An exciting opportunity has become available for an Account Manager to join our Dublin based captive management team. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to contribute to growth in an international risk and insurance environment as part of the Willis Towers Watson Group.
- Overall responsibility for management of a portfolio of (re)insurance companies.
- Responsible for ensuring that client companies under management comply with Central Bank of Ireland (CBI) regulations and filing requirements together with Solvency II legislation and guidelines
- Maintaining an on-going relationship with assigned clients, and gaining an understanding of the clients’ business and industry.
- Responsible for production of accurate and timely financial and management information for our clients to facilitate effective decision making.
- Relationship management with owner/parent company, insurance regulator, directors, auditors, actuaries, bankers, tax advisers etc.
- Account Management for specific clients:
- Work closely with underwriting team to ensure that each of our client companies’ reporting and control requirements are met in full, and on a timely basis.
- Review and or preparation of Management Accounts, and any other ad hoc reports and budgets, forecasts etc. in a format prescribed by our clients.
- Preparation and timely filing of all regulatory and statistical reporting requirements.
- Preparation of client companies’ year-end financial statements and liaising with external auditors.
- Monitoring of adherence to Solvency II requirements including QRT submissions and the coordination of the ORSA.
- Monitoring and ensuring that each company complies with Irish Company Law.
- Liaising with tax advisors to ensure clients are in compliance with all relevant tax heads.
- Cooperate and liaise with the Solvency II Functions: Risk, Compliance, Actuarial and Internal Audit.
- Cash management and reconciliation in accordance with instructions provided by the Board, including liaison with the company’s Banks and Investment Managers and the production of appropriate reports.
- Liaise with client service team to co-ordinate client board meetings.
- Entertain clients as required.
- Overall responsibility for organising and attendance of client board meetings including preparation and presentation of material.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Have experience of Irish Regulatory environment, including Solvency II regime
- Have experience of in/reinsurance accounting preparation
- Hold a professional Accounting Qualification (ACA/ACCA etc.)
- A strong knowledge of international accounting standards
- 5 years+ post-qualification experience required
- Knowledge of captive insurance would be an advantage
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Professional outlook
- Team player
- Positive attitude
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, producing high quality deliverables
We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson.