ST JOSEPH’S CENTRE, CLONSILLA “Sonas” CNM1/PPIM Permanent based on 39 hours per week
ST JOSEPH’S CENTRE, CLONSILLA
Permanent based on 39 hours per week
Please ensure you quote reference No. CNM1/CL/17250 on your application form
• Be registered with An Bord Altranais – R.N.I.D. essential.
• Minimum of two years experience at staff nurse level
• Completion of a recognised Management Programme or its equivalent is desirable
• Previous experience of working closely with families and members of the MDT is essential
• Have proven organisational, leadership, interpersonal and teambuilding skills
• Have knowledge of the HIQA regulations and the role of person participating in management
Informal enquiries can be directed to Lorraine Macken, Service Manager @ Tel No. 01 824 8610
Application forms / job descriptions are available from our website www.docservice.ie and also at www.irishjobs.ie
We are unable to shortlist applications that do not meet the following criteria:
Details where to send electronic application form, qualifications/attachments, along with original completed Garda Vetting Invitation form and photographic ID,
can be found on our website.
Closing date for receipt of applications:
Thursday 12th October 2017 @ 12 noon
Daughters of Charity Disability Support Services is an equal opportunities employer
JOB TITLE: PPIM / Clinical Nurse Manager - 1
REPORTS TO: Through CNM2 and CNM3 to Service Manager
The CNM1 has specific job contact with all nursing personnel.
RESPONSIBILITY OF EMPLOYEE
• Be proactive in promoting & ensuring that the Ethos, Mission, Vision and core values of the Daughters of Charity are upheld.
• Ensure that personnel within their designated area of responsibility work in accordance with the policy and ethos of the Daughters of Charity
• Ensure that all nursing staff adhere to professional code of conduct and operate within the scope of practice
• Ensure that any concerns for the safety and welfare of clients are reported in a timely manner
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
The CNM1 is responsible and accountable for the provision of clinical and professional leadership, nursing management and continuous professional development in area of responsibility
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
1. Leadership & Accountability
• Assists the CNM2 in the day to day management of designated area
• Keep the CNM2 fully informed regarding issues within designated area of responsibility
• Assists the CNM2 in leading and managing interdisciplinary care for service users in area of responsibility
• In conjunction with CNM2 empowers staff through coaching, education, supervision.
• Assists the CNM2 in leading the nursing and allied team through regular team meetings.
• Enables staff to identify and suggest improvement initiatives.
• Assists the CNM2 in ensuring that high standards of care are achieved in the daily running of services at unit/department level
• Uses a consultative approach and demonstrates an approachable management style.
• Ensure that all staff within area of responsibility practice within their professional scope of practice.
• Deputises for the CNM2 when required
2. Professional & Clinical Responsibility
• Ensures that service users receive the highest standard of clinical/holistic care
• Assist the CNM2 in ensuring that service policies and procedures are implemented and monitored within area of responsibility
• Assist the CNM2 in developing and ensuring interdisciplinary networking with families is a high quality effective system for service delivery
• Assist the CNM2 in monitoring and evaluating support services relevant to the area of responsibility
• Ensures practices in the workplace comply with relevant legislation
• Upholds the code of professional conduct in practice
• Assist the CNM2 in making evidence based decisions in a transparent manner by involving and empowering others
• Embraces advocacy in the delivery of person centered care
• Ensure that complaints received are dealt with in accordance with service policy
• Prioritises and responds to demands under pressure or in emergencies
• Ensures in conjunction with CNM2 that a system of record keeping and reports for operational activities, planning of meetings, case conferences and other events are maintained
• With the CNM2 within area of responsibility plan short, medium and long term goals to achieve desired outcomes.
• In conjunction with CNM2/Line Manager plan and implement appropriate skill mix
4. Human Resources
• Works with CNM2 in developing strategies for staff retention.
• Assist the CNM2 as required on the recruitment of staff for area of responsibility.
• Assists the CNM2 to fosters an environment that supports and encourages personal professional development and learning.
• Contributes to the development of an organisational culture conducive to the establishment and maintenance of good staff morale.
• Assist the CNM2 as required in ensuring all new staff within the unit receive adequate induction programme, have a clear understanding of their duties, responsibilities and the standards of performance expected of them at all times.
• Assist the CNM2 in ensuring that all relevant staff are kept appraised of centre and organisational policies and procedures.
• Assist the CNM2 to create an environment which is conducive to team working.
• Assist the CNM2 and CNM3 in the initialisation of grievances and disciplinary procedures in accordance with Service policies and procedures.
• Ensures in conjunction with CNM2 that all human resources are utilised in a cost effective manner.
• Manages and monitors levels of absenteeism taking corrective action where necessary in conjunction with the CNM2.
• In collaboration with other disciplines promote good employee relations in accordance with personnel policies.
5. Management and Staff Development (incl Teambuilding, Communication and Deputising).
• Is committed to and promotes continuous professional development to ensure best practice
• In conjunction with CPC supervise, guide and assess the professional work of student nurses
• Assists the CNM2 in the efficient and effective allocation and coordination of resources to achieve tasks within area of responsibility.
• Ensures with the CNM2 that the scheduling of rosters is completed out in a timely and fair manner which reflects the service needs.
• Ensures that Health and Safety practices are implemented in accordance with the Safety Statement of the service.
• Assist the CNM2 in conducting regular hazard identification audits and ensure that appropriate action is taken.
• Ensure that all personnel are familiar with emergency and other operational procedures and regulations.
• Conducts Performance Management Reviews when required for staff within area of responsibility
• Intervenes decisively where standards of behaviour, performance or attitude contravenes service policy and procedure and informs the CNM2.
• Ensures in conjunction with the CNM2 the efficient and effective use of resources.
• Assist frontline staff in evaluating supplies and equipment purchased.
• Assists the CNM2 in planning and tracking budget variances when required in area of responsibility
• Ensures in conjunction with CNM2 that service users monies in conjunction with CNM2 are accounted for in accordance with service policy.
7. Quality, Education and Research (Incl Professional Development)
• Assist the CNM2 in monitoring and working to improve the team processes, encourages team review and reflection
• Assist the CNM2 in actively leading and supporting the process of person centred planning within area of responsibility.
• In liaison with CNM2 monitor and evaluate methods of quality assurance and clinical effectiveness and contribute to the development of quality methodologies.
• Identify with the CNM2 education and development needs of staff in designated area.
• Participates in continuous professional development
• Ensure that clinical practice in area of responsibility is evidence based.
8. General Duties
• Ensure the highest standards of confidentiality are maintained at all times.
• Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
The above job description is not intended to be a comprehensive list of duties and responsibilities and consequently the post holder may be required to perform other duties as appropriate to the post which may be assigned to him/her from time to time and to contribute to the development of the post when in office. This job description may change in line with the changing needs and objectives of the Daughters of Charity Service.
Please enter your email address
Please enter a valid email address
Please enter your email address
Please enter a valid email address