Our Client, a pharmaceutical company in North Dublin, is looking to recruit a Buyer with 5+ years experience in supply chain/purchasing, preferably within a Manufacturing Environment, with core direct materials experience.
Link Personnel are now looking for a Buyer!
Our Client, a pharmaceutical company in North Dublin, is looking to recruit a Buyer with 5+ years experience in supply chain/purchasing, preferably within a Manufacturing Environment, with core direct materials experience. Salary for this role is to €55-60k.
Purpose of the role:
Manage an international supply base to meet business requirements in terms of delivery, quality and total cost. Work with site operations and Strategic Procurement to identify and develop long-term supplier relationships to meet current and future requirements. Lead RFQ, Supplier Selection and Contract Negotiation processes with suppliers, in line with business needs. Develop an active Improvement program with suppliers to reduce cost and improve quality and service levels, in line with site expectations and requirements. Lead all site level commercial discussions with suppliers. Actively contribute to the development and structure of the supply base in a strategic manner.
- Purchase all direct materials to support Production operations, in line with business requirements. Maximise the use of ‘Lean Supply’ methods such as SWP & VMI programs to minimise inventory levels.
- Monitor key metrics in the areas of supplier delivery, cost, quality, and service which clearly demonstrate performance against targets.
- Conduct Business Reviews with Suppliers to ensure that performance is to target and our Clients’ expectations are clearly understood. Agree development/improvement programs where required. Drive resulting actions / corrective actions to conclusion.
- Lead all significant issue resolution programs with suppliers, including other relevant functions in the resolution process (e.g. SQ, ME, CPE, etc.). Utilise structured problem solving techniques (e.g., A3) to ensure root causes are addressed and corrective actions are effective.
- Identify supplier risk situations and work with site functions and Strategic Procurement to develop and implement risk mitigations strategies, up to and including alternate sources.
- Liaise with Strategic Procurement in relation to the identification and development of new suppliers. In conjunction with Strategic Procurement, implement alternative procurement sources to minimise lead-times/inventory levels, improve service levels, reduce costs and migrate toward strategic sources.
- Strong experience in Procurement best practices and working within a multi-national environment.
- Degree Level qualified. APICS, IIPMM or equivalent purchasing qualification is preferred (or working towards accreditation/similar.
- 5+ years experience in supply chain/purchasing, preferably within a Manufacturing Environment, with core direct materials experience.
- Experience of operating within a Commodity Management environment with the ability to influence at a senior level within a multi-national Procurement function.
- SAP user experience.
- Valid driving license.
- Prepared to travel abroad several times annually.
If this Buyer Role sounds like you, call Cormac on 018456312!
Speak to the Experts with the Direct Link to the Best Buyer Jobs in Dublin.