Buyer Planner. Assisting Senior Buyer. Sourcing, Planning, Buying, & Logistics responsibilities. Industrial / Automotive manufacturer.
Lisk is committed to the design and manufacture of world class quality electro-mechanical products which meet or exceed our customer's specifications, and are delivered on time at exceptional value for money. Lisk works within the concept of continuous improvement while striving to improve the quality of life of our employees and their communities.
Planner - Buyer
This role will assist a Senior Buyer – Planner and report to the Purchasing Manager. It includes responsibilities in the sourcing, planning, buying, & logistics areas relevant to the purchasing function within the organisation.
- Researching for new suppliers
- Negotiating prices with suppliers
- Managing supplier relationships
- Keep approved supplier product programs up to date
- Projecting & monitoring stock levels
- Following up with suppliers concerning delivery times
- Resolving disputes and claims with suppliers
- Preparing reports & reporting to Management
- Coordinate logistics suppliers to arrange shipment to suppliers / customers.
- Communicate effectively within the purchasing team and cross functionally
- Ensure the timely placement of PO’s in support of stock replenishment
- Expedite past PO’s, maintain PO dates and resolve PO discrepancies
- Communicate on critical supply issues, and provide progress updates relevant stakeholders
- Assist in setting and regular review of inventory levels
- Work with engineering / manufacturing team to ensure correct new product set-up and product data settings are maintained on ERP / MRP systems
- Work with the warehouse to investigate and manage stock queries
- Support engineering change orders and manage tactical planning changes arising from these
- Produce, maintain and support improvement to appropriate KPI’s and contribute towards continuous improvement activities
- Support organisational objectives by working together with other departments, including, Inventory Management, Distribution, and Customer Service
- Complete Project and Continuous Improvement work as required
- Other tasks as required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Third Level Qualification in Finance, Accounting, Engineering or Supply Chain Management.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant Buyer/Planner experience or the equivalent.
- Strong working knowledge of procurement and practices
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Relationship management skills
- Planning and organising skills
- Ability to Meet targets
- Negotiation and networking skills
- Commercial awareness is essential