Title: Business Unit Manager
Responsible for driving the highest standards in Operational performance aligned with the Business Key Performance Indicators (KPI) e.g. Health & Safety, Quality, Operational excellence, OEE, Absenteeism, Customer satisfaction, Financials.
Key to the role will be the manager's ability to share knowledge / learning's and drive improvement business wide.
Responsible for ensuring the effective management and development of staff, including timely feedback on performance, champion adherence to West Contract Manufacturing policies and procedures.
- Strong Production management experience in a high speed manufacturing environment.
- Third level qualification in an engineering discipline
- 10 years' experience in leading and managing a diverse team in a fast paced and highly regulated manufacturing environment.
- Proven operational excellence/lean experience and mind-set.
- Excellent commercial acumen and customer relationship building skills.
- Excellent communication (written/oral) skills.
- Strong ability to capture, understand and report on critical production data.
- An ability to lead multiple projects and deliver within time/cost constraints in a matrix structure.
- Must be able to organise and prioritize tasks.
- Must be detail orientated and self-motivated.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Champion Health & Safety and ensure it is a priority for the Business Unit (OHSAS 18001).
- Responsible for the business unit P&L and delivery of all financial KPI's.
- Building an excellent working relationship with the customer.
- Commercial leadership and management of the Unit customers.
- Driving the highest standards in operational performance in the development, tracking and reporting of business KPIs.
- Development of the team to support performance excellence and growth- recruitment, development and retention of talent.
- Successful delivery of all client related projects on time and within budget in accordance with customer requirements and specifications.
- Manage and resolve client technical issues at all stages of the manufacturing process.
- Resource management and allocations to meet with manufacturing requirements.
- Professional development of the business unit- i.e. recruitment of new staff, identifying training needs and participating in the scheduling of critical training requirements.
- Drive all cost reduction and lean projects within the Business Unit.
- Drive a collaborative, business focused culture and environment within the Business unit in accordance with the guiding principles.
- Coaching / development of the employees using development and retention plans as appropriate.
- Act in accordance with the company's Guiding Principles and adherence to the corporate Code of Conduct.
- Compliance to all site Environmental, Health and Safety requirements, training and regulations.
- Compliance to all local site company policies, procedures and corporate policies.
- Perform additional duties at the request of the direct supervisor.