Business Systems Analyst
Yahoo! is focused on making the world's daily habits more inspiring and entertaining. By creating highly personalized experiences for our users, we keep people connected to what matters most to them, across devices and around the globe. In turn, we create value for advertisers by connecting them with the audiences that build their businesses. Yahoo! is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., and has offices located throughout the Americas, Asia Pacific (APAC) and the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) regions. For more information, visit the pressroom (pressroom.yahoo.net) or the company's blog (yodel.yahoo.com).
Business System Analyst
About Business group
Yahoo’s Global IT Applications team is responsible for developing and maintaining an integrated, scalable corporate applications architecture that directly enables business process automation improved operational efficiencies and better management insights for Yahoo! globally. As part of Yahoo’s Global IT organization, this team is strategically aligned, with business partners across Yahoo (i.e.) finance, HR, customer care, engineering, products and other G&A groups to enable deliver application enabled business process solutions and management reporting platforms. This team designs, implements and supports large scale enterprise business systems, employee facing productivity/communication tools and platforms that power Yahoo’s internal processes.
Working within the Corporate Applications organization, Business System Analyst will be responsible for implementing and supporting technology solutions enabling finance, billing, payment and revenue recognition and accounting applications. The primary focus for this position will be gathering business requirements, assisting in Integration and Acceptance Testing, supporting and development of training and implementation material, participating and leading in the implementation, and providing post-implementation support. This position will partner closely with relevant Finance process owners, application developers and other Corporate Applications team members to deliver global solutions with an objective of optimizing processes.
- Responsible for supporting and optimizing Core Finance platform including and not restricted to Purchase to Pay, Supply Chain, Record to Report, Order to Cash.
- Partners with relevant Finance Process Owners to prioritize and implement enhancements.
- Ensures defining and meeting Service Level Agreements with relevant stakeholders.
- Ensures adherence to change control guidelines.
- Partners with operations, security and infrastructure teams to ensure adherence to Yahoo! Standards.
- Responsible for implementing new technologies and systems.
- Collect requirements for building and supporting business applications.
- Analyze and design short and long term solutions for the Yahoo!'s Financial Systems.
- Plan and Perform various test cycles like integration testing, and system testing.
- Support Conference Room Pilot and User Acceptance Testing sessions for projects
- Provide training to end users for deploying business solutions.
- Design and Deploy Custom Solutions leveraging Oracle Financials.
- Utilize strong analytical skills to generate organizational metrics/reporting to assist with business decisions.
- Lead small to medium size projects and manage requirements gathering, functional design, and end user training and support
- Work with other business systems analysts and the development team in converting the business solution into technical designs.
- Create and manage documentation as appropriate related to creation of desktop manuals, test scenarios, test conditions, and test scripts.
- Work with Finance business process owners and relevant Finance stakeholders to translate business requirements to technology solutions primarily with Oracle EBS modules.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- 8+ years of IT industry work experience including finance systems analysis, solution design, and deployment using Oracle applications and/or other Major ERP systems
- 5+ years of experience working with Oracle Financials: Purchase to Pay, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger and Supply Chain.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in computer science, engineering or related technical field or equivalent experience.
- Oracle Certification is highly desirable.
- Accounting Qualification is desirable.
- Good Project management skills, planning and organization skills.
- Technical knowledge like SQL, TOAD for basic troubleshooting.
- Candidate must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- The candidate should have good analytical, problem solving skills and a desire to develop new skills.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language to end users and Senior management.
- Ability to exercise independent and autonomous judgment when dealing with competing priorities and initiatives, while keeping management well informed of issues, progress, status and resolution.
- Responsive to customer needs and highly motivated to improve the processes of the organization. A team player outlook with the ability to work well with peers. Strong prioritization, communication and multi-tasking skills a must as the environment is fast paced and dynamic.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with credibility at all levels of the organization.