Network Support Professional based in Cork.
Role covers all aspects of CCNA related network support with a top name in Networking
Stream Global Services on behalf of NETGEAR are looking for skilled IT professionals to join their Team in Cork.
NETGEAR is a global networking company that delivers innovative products to consumers, businesses and Internet service providers. For consumers, the company makes high performance, dependable and easy home networking, storage and digital media products to connect people with the Internet and their content and devices. For businesses, NETGEAR provides networking, storage and security solutions without the cost and complexity of Big IT. The company also supplies all of the top Internet service providers with retail proven, whole home solutions for their customers.
Due to implementation of a new project, we are looking for:
Business Network Technical Support Professional Level 2.
Working to drive forward our mission of delivering a top quality service to its internal and external customers, this role will involve working on the full product lines. Excellent knowledge of networking protocols and topologies is essential.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Recreation of customer’s environments in order to aid troubleshooting or to proof concepts before deployment
• Update and monitor call logging system, to ensure our customers receive top level service
• Communication and interaction with technical support staff at client’s locations
Skills & Qualifications
• Fluent English language knowledge (spoken and written)
• CCNA certification or equivalent qualification is desirable but not essential, relevant experience will be taken into consideration.
• Experience of supporting NAS and SAN devices will be an asset.
• Excellent understanding of PC hardware/software and be fully conversant with routed TCP/IP, Firewalls, LAN, WAN, VoIP and the Windows/Mac OSx operating systems
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to support and mentor junior teams remotely
• Very good time management skills and ability to work under time pressure
Stream and NETGEAR encourage career progression. As part of this role, further skills development such as CCNA Qualifications and others will be encouraged and facilitated.