Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
TNT Express is one of the largest business express delivery organisations in Europe, with a global presence across 200 countries. TNT Express have developed both a European road service and a Global air service backed up by a 32-county national distribution network.
We are currently recruiting for a Business Development Manager to join our Sales team in TNT Express at Dublin Airport and Belgard Industrial Estate, Dublin 24. It is important that the successful candidate will be able to work at either location.
This is a Full-time and Permanent role. The hours/days will be 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday. On occasion there may be a requirement to work beyond standard working hours, and flexibility in this regard will be a requirement of this role. Also, a requirement of the role will be to travel regionally and country-wide (including Northern Ireland) depending on business needs.
- Develop a portfolio of prospect target accounts in agreed sectors, and secure new customers. It would be expected these would be higher level opportunities from larger indigenous and multinational organizations.
- Maximise all revenue opportunities from these accounts by ensuring customers are aware of the full range of TNT services;
- Manage the entire relationship between the account holder and TNT via all department interfaces;
- Provide customer with all suitable reporting tools during implementation. Arrange hand-over to appropriate account manager at designated time agreed by customer/TNT management;
- Conduct relevant debrief meetings with TNT Management regarding relationship, commercial and service issues;
- Ensure customer quotations, RFQs/RFIs and presentations are prepared in accordance with the format detailed in the commercial policy;
- Ensure that trading customers are commercially profitable vis-a-vis our Commercial Department Key Performance Indicators, including annual reviews.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a high level sales/commercial environment with a focus on finding bespoke operational solutions;
- Evidence of working with large company/multinational new business will be needed as this is a fast-moving and demanding environment;
- Industry experience in a related field will be desirable;
- Good PC literacy and keyboard skills required;
- Minimum of Leaving Cert (or equivalent) standard of education. Third-level qualification in business/sales/marketing would be desirable;
- Full Driving license essential;
- The role will require some out-of-hours work. The successful candidate should be able to provide evidence of meeting the demands associated with out-of-hours work.
As a company engaged in the movement of goods by Air, TNT Express is obliged by law to comply with Aviation Security Regulations. To comply with these Regulations, the successful applicant must be able to provide third-party written verification of their five-year previous employment history.
Salary: €45k-€50k OTE
*** We do not require the assistance of Recruitment Agencies at this time. ***