Unum is a company of people serving people. As one of the world's leading employee benefits providers and a Fortune 250 company, Unum helps protect more than 25 million working people and their families in the event of illness or injury and offers professionals every possibility for growth. Whether we're helping customers or building careers, we're experts at creating the kind of advantages that help people reach their goals.
Join a winning team! Unum's Business Technology organization is made up of 1,400+ talented, forward-thinking IT and Business professionals. We value individual strengths, innovation, leadership, collaboration and strong partnerships. We offer defined career paths as well as on-going training and development opportunities. As an organization, we contribute to the achievement of Unum's strategic goals through the delivery of smart, innovative technology solutions
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Elicit, gather, document and validate requirements
User Acceptance Testing
- Lead and facilitate requirements elicitation sessions to ensure comprehensive collection of requirements by working with business and IT partners
- Lead and facilitate requirements validation sessions to ensure requirements are complete, correct, necessary, prioritized, unambiguous and verifiable
- Develop simple to moderately complex prototypes to help visually illustrate requirements
- Translate requirements into functional specifications and document them in the business requirements document/functional specification document
- Ensure that system requirements are documented and included in the business requirements document/functional specification document by partnering with IT
- Document non-functional requirements
- Effectively articulate difficult and complex ideas and concepts through clear and concise verbal and/or written communication
Partnering, teamwork and initiative
- Ensure requirement traceability facilitates detailed test planning.
- Participate in the User acceptance process to ensure the software delivered meets the requirements defined.
- Develop and maintain cooperative, productive working relationships across business functional areas and IT to resolve issues and identify critical members for a project team.
- Teaches junior analysts basic and advanced elicitation techniques and how to develop simple to advanced analysis models
- Mentors other Business Analysts and Subject Matter Experts and delegates tasks as needed
- Negotiates effectively with business and IT partners on business requirements and timeframes
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 5 years experience in systems and business analysis.
- Advanced knowledge of multiple business areas and supporting systems
- Advanced knowledge of products, services, and business functions and processes for company/division.
- Advanced knowledge/understanding of iterative and agile methodologies
- Ability to understand/read logical data models.
- Basic understanding of mainframe, client-server and web applications
- Basic understanding of databases and SQL
- Strong knowledge and experience with requirements gathering, test planning, and test execution including defect tracking/reporting.
- Advanced knowledge of requirements management and change management process.
- Solid experience estimating business efforts.
- Demonstrated ability to promote the benefits of change and act as a catalyst for change within the organization.
- Highly effective communication skills, both verbal and written.