The Business Analyst works closely with users and managers to gather system requirements, document system specifications and communicate requirements to third party vendors and the internal development team. The Business Analyst is also responsible for assisting the Project Management, QA testing, Training, and Support teams in a large strategic development project related to the hedge fund industry.
II. ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONS:
The main focus of the role is to consult, analyze, and help develop the financial and investor relations related applications, processing, and reporting used by the Business Groups. This role reports to the Business Analysis Manager.
III. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Work with the business staff to produce comprehensive requirements and detailed specifications for existing and new financial functionality, interfaces, and reports. Analyze enhancement requests, defects and other issues, translating them into professional specifications
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of business rules and documentation of business processes as they pertain to the business applications to ensure accuracy, consistency, legal compliance, and data integrity.
- Document outstanding issues into summary format for periodic communication to the user group for prioritization and subsequently to Steering Committee and project sponsors for approval of priorities. Maintain the database of enhancement requests, issues and bugs, recording status, monitoring progress and acquiring user specifications
- Analyze requirements for improvements to existing systems and for the creation of new solutions
- Assist the QA and UAT Testing groups by providing direction & support for User Acceptance Testing, creation of test cases, and test plan creation
- Coordinate release process with Business Groups for new and improved applications, communicate detailed descriptions of functionality changes and provide follow up support as required
- Help design reports based on Business Requirements
- Expected travel 25%
IV. EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Minimum of 4 years Financial Services industry experience working with IT development teams is required
- Minimum of 4 years of detailed user experience with financial software or other Financial Accounting package.
- Experience in the hedge fund industry is highly desirable
- Knowledge and experience with Accounting Systems or Investor Relations Systems is highly desirable
- Knowledge and experience with Oracle, SQL Server, or other database management systems is preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill managing changes
- Ability to work in a fast paced, complex IT environment
- Technical and/or Accounting Degree or equivalent work experience is preferred