PE Global are currently recruiting for a Building Fabric Maintenance Engineer for one of our Pharmaceutical clients in Dublin. This is a permanent role.
Purpose of the role:
To provide subject matter expertise with regards to all aspects of Building Fabric Maintenance (BFM) and site management of the Site. The successful candidate will manage, plan and control all works within areas of responsibility in order to meet all statutory, corporate guidelines and requirements Included in BFM are all aspects in relation to car parks, roads, fencing & landscaping.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Operate as the subject matter expert in relation to building fabric, capital projects and the delivery of maintenance activities
- Oversee building & maintenance budgets including capital spend and ad hoc projects.
- Provide guidance and design input on Building Fabric Maintenance issues on all relevant Capital Projects as well as Routine Maintenance activities
- Engage with individual building owners to ensure that effective maintenance programs are in place and that Building Fabric Maintenance is continuously in the appropriate ‘’audit ready’’ state.
- Act as Primary Point of Contact between BFM Service Provider and Building Owners and Point of contact and SME for audit and facility reviews.
- Ownership of building standards and specifications
- Ensure all BFM activities are executed in compliance with all Corporate and Statutory Regulations and Guidelines in relation to EHS and Building Reguations.
- Work with local EHS and Projects Functions to develop Best Practice Guidelines for all BFM activities on site.
- Define appropriate standards for all BFM related activities
- Monitor conditions of Building Fabric site and use the information to manage a strategy of works, including preparation of annual BFM budgets
- Oversee the BFM schedule\maintenance plan to make sure the right activities are included at the right intervals
- Ensure that sustaining maintenance and ad hoc repairs are captured on EAMS (or planned system of work) and periodically reviewed for overall programme effectiveness.
- Ensure services and supports are in place from vendors and SME’s for sustaining and emergency works
Education and experience required:
- Qualification in Civil Engineering or relevant Construction Discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of related Building Fabric Maintenance experience
- Proven experience of contract management
- Demonstrable experience of managing BFM aspects of small, medium and large size projects
- Strong Customer Focus.
- Experience in setting and managing budgets and advantage
- Relevant experience in a GMP or regulated environment a distinct advantage
If you are interested in this position, please forward your CV to or call Catherine on 0214297900