The B.I Analyst is responsible for Information delivery across all business units in Vodafone Ireland as required using the MicroStrategy Business Intelligence tool
We're officially a Great Place to Work!
We are Ireland's leading total communications provider offering our customers a variety of solutions across mobile and fixed platforms. As part of Vodafone Group, we are part of the world's largest mobile community with a presence across all five continents.
We’re at the forefront of innovation in Ireland. We make significant investments building and maintaining our networks and to date, we have invested nearly €1bn in our network investment programme. We continue to invest to enhance our network.
It’s not just our products and services which are innovative, our modern and innovative workspace in MountainView helps foster an environment of creativity and innovation through new ways of work. New ways of working means an environment free from clutter, wires, barriers and cabinets. This has helped Vodafone make the Great Place to Work list in Ireland. All our employees have one locker and are free to sit wherever they wish within our building. This encourages creativity and fosters relationships which traditional style environments inhibit. You probably want to know more about new ways of working…Find out move via this link: http://www.vodafone.ie/jobs/life/ .
Our people are at the centre of everything we do. We employ approximately 1,300 people in Dublin and across our network of retail stores in Ireland. Our aim is to ensure each employee has the opportunity to innovate, to be challenged and to be rewarded. We are progressive in everything we do, including our approach to training, development, performance management and flexible benefits.
- Responsible for Information delivery across all business units in Vodafone Ireland as required using MicroStrategy Business Intelligence tool
- Delivering BI solutions to the business from IT demand and other capitalised channels
- Development and Maintenance of the MicroStrategy Data Model using MicroStrategy Architect
- Provision of support to business users in relation to Reporting and Analytics
- Champion & demo new functionality\data\uses of our BI estate
- Business requirements gathering and assessment of the impact of business changes on the MicroStrategy and Data Warehouse Model
- Attend ODP reviews relevant to the Business Unit & estimate their impact on the BI function
- Development and Maintenance of MI Knowledge Base using SharePoint technology
Key Accountabilities for this role are:
Impact on the business
- This role is vital in providing Information Analysis across all Business Units in Vodafone Ireland. The analyst will be responsible for delivering reporting, dashboards and analytics driven from new IT projects implemented in Vodafone Ireland.
Customers, supplier and third parties
- The main customers of the analyst developer’s work will be senior managers and users across all Business Units.
Leadership and teamwork
- The analyst will work as part of the BI&A Team within the Finance Department. The analyst developer will ensure sufficient quality checks in place to detect or resolve issues with input data and ongoing maintenance of deliverables.
Innovation and change
- The analyst developer will be responsible for identifying opportunities to add value with any project or internal deliverables.
Knowledge and experience
- The analyst developer will have the relevant knowledge to input into specifications and analysis of development designs as well as strong focus on adherence to standards / methodologies (Sarbanes Oxley)
- The analyst is responsible for communicating both information analysis and designs to a non technical audience
The successful person will ideally have some or all of the following Skills & Attributes:
- Business acumen
- Achievement orientation/results driven
- Interpersonal skills
- Flexibility and strong ability to multi-task
- Strong application development skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Initiating/managing change
Technical / Professional Expertise
- 3rd Level Degree in IT / Analytics
- At least 4 years of relevant BI development experience. Preferably with MicroStrategy but other BI tools also considered.
- Strong Business Partnering Experience
- Combination of technical and business skills
- Strong knowledge of BI and analytics tools
- Good general SQL knowledge
- Strong communications skills
- Experience on at least one large Data Warehouse or Business Intelligence project
- Hands-on experience of Teradata, while not essential, would be a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of the telco industry, while not essential, would be a distinct advantage.
The Vodafone Behaviours are key to everyone’s success:
Customer Obsessed - We are passionate about exceeding customer expectations
- Work relentlessly to really understand the customer
- Look at decisions through the customer’s eyes
- Take personal accountability for the customer experience
Innovation Hungry - We create and deliver new products, services and ways of working that delight our customers
- Take risks and push what is possible
- Look for improvement all the time
- Do things in better ways
Ambitious & Competitive - We bring energy and passion to our work and always aim to beat the competition
- Deliver best in class
- Review our own performance and then improve it
- Be lean and cost effective every time
One Company, Local Roots – We work across Vodafone to achieve the best outcome for customers, employees and shareholders
- Value our differences and act inclusively
- Make the best decision for Vodafone, not just for one part of the business
- Communicate and use best practice
Speed - We drive speed to market. We relentlessly prioritise and pursue the outcomes that matter to our business
- Make RAPID business decisions
- Deliver with urgency
- Analyse fast, execute faster
Simplicity – We make things simple for our customers, partners and colleagues
- Focus effort and stop ineffective activity
- Communicate in a way that is easy to understand
- Challenge complexity and provide simpler solutions
Trust - We are reliable and transparent to deal with. We deliver for others and trust others to do likewise
- Do what you say you will do
- Trust others to deliver
- Support decisions once made, regardless of personal view