Lotus Technical Services are currently recruiting an Automation Engineer for a role based in Cork.
Lotus Technical Services is a leading solutions provider offering a complete range of automation and technical services specifically designed to enhance productivity and efficiency, and to maximise the value of our customer's core business. We are currently recruiting an Automation Engineer for a role based in Cork.
As Automation Engineer you will be responsible for the development and implementation of Automation System Projects. You will liaise and work on collaborative research projects.
- Review of Process and Identification of projects to increase associated Automation Levels.
- Development of Prototype Advanced Automation Modules for Control in particular under; Metal Casting, Metal Injection Moulding and Wax Assembly to Shell
- Project Management of identified projects there-in from capital acquisition to delivery.
- Implementation of Automation feasibility studies as required.
- Support the roll-out of the Automation Strategy
- Active member of project teams implementing the Automation strategy of a standard, scalable platform
- Work with all relevant project teams to deliver project on time and on budget with required quality level.
- Support other automation initiatives ensuring correct implementation and value add of live machine data for SPC, OEE, PAT and other high value added Real Time Manufacturing Metric Initiatives
- Ensure compliance with company procedures, cGMP, recognised quality standards and regulatory expectation.
- Ensure that all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are fulfilled.
- Open to travel to support development, F.A.T and other activities.
- The successful candidate will have a third Level Qualification in Automation, IT Systems, Electronic / Mechtronic Engineering with at least 4 years experience in a similar role.
- Experience in PLC Programming.
- Experience with MES systems, SCADA systems Fieldbus systems, DCS systems, etc.
- Experience in delivery of automation projects.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings/specifications.
- Working knowledge of pharmaceutical Quality Systems (FDA/ISO) within a regulated environment.
- Experience with Robotics
- Commissioning and validation experience
- Experience in a process engineering role.
- Experience with Vision Systems
- ABB: experience with ABB robots
- Experience in JAVA Programming and HTML.
Lotus Technical Services is an Equal Opportunities Employer