Automation Business Manager. EPS Ireland. Cork
Job Description – Automation Business Manager
JOB TITLE: AUTOMATION BUSINESS MANAGER
- Evaluate, design and implement Works Automation and SCADA systems ensuring the highest level of reliability to ensure delivery of continuing business benefits.
- The successful candidate will have overall responsibility for the management, motivation & development of the business and trading relationship with customers.
- Specifically, to achieve the volume budget as a minimum within budgeted expenditure parameters as a maximum and develop personal customer contacts to secure partnership supplier status.
- The successful candidate shall demonstrate the structure of the business so that it meets the needs of the overall company and service client’s needs. The person will have overall responsibility for achieving budget targets and growing the business while maintaining agreed profit margins.
- Successful candidate will be fully computer literate, have excellent numeracy, negotiation, presentation skills as well as being fully capable of problem solving and making smart decisions.
Working Knowledge (i.e. indepth knowledge & experience of programming, troubleshooting, networking and communications ) of following PLC's & HMI's:
- Allen Bradley - Control Logix, Compact Logix, Micro Logix & SLC 500 PLC's. Panellview and Panel View Plus HMI's.
- Siemens - S7-300 and S7-200 Series PLC's. TP and MP Series HMI's.
- Mitsubishi - Q-Series, A-Series & FX series PLC's. E-Series & GOT Series HMI's.
- Schneider - Premium, Micro, M340, Twido PLC's. Magelis HMI's.
- Unitronics - Vision and M91 Series PLC's, V1040, V570, V350 HMI's.
Working Knowledge of the field bus/Communication protocols:
- CanBus, DeviceNet, ControlNet, Profibus, CC-link, Modbus, Modbus TCP, Ethernet IP, ProfiNet.
Strong networking & IT knowledge
Working Knowledge of SCADA Packages:
- Wonderware Intouch, Indusoft, Citect, Broadwin, Iconics and OPC Servers.
Working Knowledge of :
- Structured Query Language (SQL), Web browsers, VB Script, SMS Functionallity.
Working Knowledge of following mode of communication for M2M:
- Leased Line, GSM, GPRS/3G, Broadband, Fibre and Radio modems and Telemetry.
- Budgets: Assist in developing and managing an annual operating budget and work as part of a team managing a number of capital projects.
- Subordinates: Support and direct the activities of one or more configuration technicians, supervise site contractors and site resident engineers.
- Other: Works automation and SCADA systems are critical to the performance of treatment works needing to be reliable and accurate. Projects are carried out throughout the Company’s operational area and the performance of the systems directly impacts on the Company’s compliance with quality regulations. The post holder requires expertise and experience in complex control and process techniques.
- Produce an internal and customer Business Development Plan.
- Develop and maintain efficient supply chain management performance.
- Ability to develop design specifications, project documentation (FDS, FAT & SAT doc), project manage and tendering.
- Proven track record in Business development in the Water and Waste water a must.
- Automated systems support with an emphasis on software troubleshooting. Analyse, understand, fault find and modify automation software/automation equipment. Strong electrical knowledge and experience essential.
- Effectively complete daily paper and e-commerce administration/communication requirements.
- Commercial awareness and knowledge of market place trends and future developments. The individual is responsible for ensuring that they are fully up to date with developments in the automation market.
- Carry out engineering designs for water and sewage treatment works SCADA/automation systems and support/direct configuration staff in building the databases and displays.
- Conduct factory acceptance tests of works SCADA/automation systems to ensure compliance with system specification before delivery.
- Supervise the installation of treatment works SCADA/automation systems ensuring full compliance with standards and best practice.
- To organise the commissioning of treatment works SCADA/automation systems ensuring full compliance with the system specification and engineering best practice.
- Train site operators in the use of works SCADA systems and ensure site specific manuals and documentation is available before handover.
- Compile site engineering documentation which enables Operational engineering maintenance staff to carry out first line support of the works SCADA/automation systems and train those engineers and technicians who are to perform this function.
- Organise handover of systems to Operations and Engineering Maintenance.
- Assist Operational staff with the resolution of complex problems.
- Maintain regular contact with colleagues throughout the Company.
- Act as duty engineer on a call-out rota basis in support of works SCADA systems.
- Ensure that adequate spares are available for support of systems prior to handover.
- Carry out other project engineering work as required.
- Assist in the development of new software solutions and applications as appropriate.
MAIN JOB CHALLENGES
- Ensuring treatment works SCADA/automation provision and commissioning programmes match highly volatile site commissioning activities.
- Ensuring a logical progression through commissioning sequences and maintenance of records to produce a time and cost effective result.
- Achieving smooth and expeditious handover of works systems to Operations.
- Ensuring maintenance of personal competency in support aspects of all systems.
- In daily contact with Operational Engineering project engineers, maintenance engineers and technicians.
- Close liaison with all Operational first line managers for the development of solutions which provide them with beneficial management information from the regional SCADA system.
- Regular contact with Operational Functional Managers. Able to discuss and present ideas at this level.
- Expediting system supply and design information from main site contractors.
- Regular contact with client project engineers, resident engineers and contractors to assist with technical problems and site commissioning.