To work with suppliers, marketing, category planning, finance, sales and operations to produce and implement plans incorporating range, price, promotion and supply chain across a portfolio of produ
To work with suppliers, marketing, category planning, finance, sales and operations to produce and implement plans incorporating range, price, promotion and supply chain across a portfolio of products covering the Fruit & Veg Category.
To support the Category Manager in delivering the category strategy and new business opportunities.
ACHIEVING FIANANCIAL MILESTONES
- Support in the delivery of category sales, margin and profit to budgeted levels and beyond.
- Develop appropriate promotional strategies to drive sales and profitability.
- Review the category sales and profit performance by subgroup and region on a weekly basis and work across the business and with suppliers to deliver plans to further improve sales and margin performance.
- Consistently review the Irish, European & Global markets covering all elements related to the supply chain to ensure we are buying competitively.
- Develop compelling category plans outlining the development of the customer proposition for food service and Marketplace customers including plans for range, promotions and pricing.
- Keep on top of Irish, UK and International food service market trends and use this information to drive real innovation and food leadership in your categories.
- Develop our ranges to be market leading in terms of innovation, breadth of range and quality.
- Work with the food service sales and development teams to develop an own brand development plan for your product portfolio and manage the successful implementation of these ranges in branches and via the delivered channel.
Work with the range planning team to assess commercialperformance of current ranges and conduct range reviews for all categories
- Negotiate cost of goods with all suppliers including managing cost increase proposals and seeking cost of goods reductions.
- Negotiate long term financial support from suppliers to agreed budgets.
- Plan and forecast demand with suppliers, supply chain and sales team to ensure a minimum of 99% product inbound availability to MarketPlace and the food service depot on all fruit & Veg products
- WORKING TOGETHER TO WIN
- Solicit and act on customer feedback using it to category plans.
- Support the business units through development of effective working relationship with the sales teams and the key customers.
- Through effective management of the administrative resource, ensure that the product and price file is continuously and accurately maintained.
To apply direct click here
- The successful applicant must have a real passion for food and the drive and creative thinking to innovate and create market leading ranges.
- Minimum of one years experience in a similar buying role.
- A results orientated completer finisher; this is a very fast paced environment and the successful candidate must be able to prioritise and complete tasks without getting distracted.
- Educated to degree level
- Ability to prioritise workload and differentiate between urgent and important tasks.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure in an occasionally chaotic environment.
- Excellent Microsoft Office & Outlook skills
- Strong commercial acumen
- Strong interpersonal skills including strong influencing and negotiation skills