A solid, multi-skilled engineer, with a proactive nature and significant relevant experience required, to assist the Group Engineering Manager in various tasks and projects throughout the group.
A solid, multi-skilled engineer, with a proactive nature and significant relevant experience required, to assist the Group Engineering Manager in various tasks and projects throughout the group. Candidate to support engineering projects by applying engineering techniques, conducting research, tests and inspections, preparing drawings, reports and calculations. Role will be based at our head office in Tyholland, Monaghan, Ireland with regular weekly travel to other group sites throughout the UK and Europe.
Among the items required for this role, the candidate will be required to:
- Assist the Engineering Manager with various projects and day-to-day duties where required
- Work closely with the various sites in the group to ensure problems with plant and equipment on all sites are fully resolved, as quickly and efficiently as possible and determine further engineering requirements by conducting inspections and tests, analysing data and determining root causes of ongoing issues
- Resolve engineering problems by collecting information, researching & analysing, recommending solutions, preparing drawings, schematics, and diagrams, evaluating components, materials and suppliers, developing specifications and safety standards, evaluating new equipment and techniques and performing installations
- Maintain project team accomplishments by communicating essential information, coordinating actions, obtaining expert input, reviewing open issues and action items, contributing information to team meetings and reports
- Sourcing parts, liaising and negotiating with suppliers and the Site Managers on special parts ordering requirements, following up on parts deliveries and overseeing that incoming parts are fitted as soon as possible when delivered
- Liaising with and assisting any 3rd party contractors in carrying out their duties on our sites
- Assisting with engineering budgeting and cost analysis
THIS DESCRIPTION IS NOT INTENDED TO ESTABLISH A TOTAL DEFINITION OF THE JOB, BUT TO ACT AS AN OUTLINE OF THE MAIN DUTIES.
This role requires the individual to have:
- A sound mechanical and electrical knowledge of equipment and processes
- Strong troubleshooting/problem solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- A good level of technical ability
- Knowledge of basic Microsoft packages
- Knowledge of AutoCAD
- A willingness to travel extensively to our overseas sites and stay away when required. Weekly travel can be expected
- A full, clean drivers licence
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree/Diploma in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Several years of industry experience in a similar role