To support the Head of Buying in the day to day running of the merchandise functions. Effectively manages replenishment of the departments ensuring excellent availability whilst monitoring sales, stocks and markdowns to achieve maximum profitability for the departments.
- Ensure availability of stock for season launch.
- Manage and report on availability throughout the season.
- Allocate stock to stores as per agreed store grading.
- Monitor weekly trading performance at department, class and style level and report on these at sales meetings.
- Track sales on individual sku's to ensure rates of sale are to plan.
- Carry out replenishment orders from Mothercare International and local suppliers ensuring continuity of stock.
- Monitor stocks at line and department level to ensure departments are within company targets.
- Evaluate the competition on a regular basis.
- Warehouse walks to liaise with staff picking stock identifying slow and non-movers.
- Process faulty goods and product recalls.
- Prepare departments for sale or promotions.
- Support Buyer at any key meetings.
- Assist stores on any queries they may have relevant to your departments.
- Identify current and future trading opportunities & advise accordingly
- Assist the team with informing actions as necessary to the buyer and store operations
- Sales at class level (vs ly and vs plan)
- Sales at sku level (average vs plan)
- Stockholding at department and style level (physical and forward weeks vs ly and plan)
- Weeks cover by department and supplier
Knowledge & skills
- Strong IT skills (Microsoft Office in particular Excel)
- Highly numerate and analytical
- Good organisational skills
- Decisive nature
- Ability to work under pressure
- Knowledge of retail & target customer/product trends
- Strong team work skills
- Good communication skills
- Minimum 1 year experience in Assistant Merchandiser role
- Aspirations for a career in Merchandising
- Interest in fashion
- Occasional Nationwide & UK