Area Service Supervisor required for large Telecoms company based in Dublin 3.
Area Service Supervisor
Field Operations Area Manager
- Leadership and motivation of a team of approximately 35 people, consisting of technicians, civils and cable crews, both staff and third party. Achievement of excellent Customer Experience by provision of the highest standard of In-Home and Network Repairs.
- Maximise effectiveness of staff and third party resources through the strong management of agreed KPIs.
- To coordinate the Network Faults Repair Operation within your area.
- Scheduling and Completion of all In Home and Network Faults.
- Scheduling and Completion of Way-leaves, Reroutes and Removes.
- Maximising resource of UPC & Contract Technicians and Cable Crews.
- Ensure all work practises fully comply with Health and Safety Legislation and UPC H & S Policies.
- Minimise Fault Fix and Lead Times.
- Drive quality through all activities.
- Key Performance Indicators and Targ ets:
| ||· Service Case Lead Time||Next Day |
| ||· Network Case Lead Time||Next Days |
| ||· Service Case Completions||>95% |
| ||· Referrals ||>10% |
| ||· Repeat Rates ||<5% under 30days |
| ||· CPE Swap Outs ||15% Vs Service Calls |
| ||· PDA Usage ||100% |
| ||· Network Case Productivity ||6 Completions/Day|
- KPIs and Targets will be reviewed regularly and changed or reset in response to business demands.
- Provide Constructive Feedback on service impacting CPE, Network and Platform Issues.
- Interface with Key Areas of the business and build close working relationships to maximise the performance of your area and responsibilities.
Specific Tasks and Duties:
- Ensure the team operates to a high level of technical expertise.
- Maximise productivity.
- Training, New Technology, New Work Practices and Company Procedures:
- Promote the introduction of New Technologies and Work Practices as developments demand.
- Identify Skills Gaps and promote the provision of training.
- Ensure the team are kept fully up to date with all company policies, procedures and processes.
- Ensure the following inspections as specified by the company are carried out at timely intervals:
- PPE Uniform - Continuously
- GA3 Forms - Weekly
- Risk Assessment Forms – Weekly
- On Site H&S Audits - Monthly
- Van Check, including all H&S, PPE and Technical equipment - Monthly
- Promote good discipline in all activities.
- Ensure all disciplinary issues are dealt with by you, quickly, and reported to your Area Manager.
- Staff Appraisals:
- Complete routine staff objectives setting, reviews and appraisals.
- Quality Control:
- Ensure regular work practice quality audits are carried out and recorded for all crews.
- Manage expenditure within budget whilst maximising network performance.
- Take responsibility for materials issued to your team.
- Take responsibility for test equipment issued to your team
- Ensure best value is derived from expenditure.
- Provide information to assist with budget control and formulation.
Health and Safety:
- Work Environment – Ensure a safe working environment is in place through Risk Assessment, Equipment Audits, On Site Audits, Safe Working Practices and taking actions to resolve any issues of non compliance.
- Ensure all work practices fully comply with Health and Safety Legislation and UPC Policies
- Highlight Health & Safety Training Requirements and promote the provision of training.
- Achieving KPIs within budget.
- Maintaining a clean Health and Safety Record
Work Conditions and Environment:
- The role is field based with some office based activities. We provide 24 X 7 service to our customers, therefore you will be required to provide support outside normal hours, and may at short notice be required to assist in emergency situations.
- Will be required to participate in the On Call Rota including Saturdays.
- Will be required to provide cover in the absence of managers and other supervisors.
- Hours: 37.5 hours per week over a 7 day period to meet operational requirements.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Desirable - Diploma or higher in telecommunications.
- Desirable – Management or Supervisory Experience.
- Desirable – Qualification in Team Leadership or Management.
- Supervisory/Management Experience.
- Experience of managing technical resources in a field environment.
- Desirable – Firsthand experience in maintaining a HFC Network.
- IT Skills:
- Proficient in Outlook, Excel and Word.