Structural/Architectural Steel Technician - Full-time, Permanent - Excellent Salary package - East Co Armagh - Secure company with a large pipeline of work
Vickerstock are working with an established steel fabrication and installation business, to assist them in the search for a talented Permanent Structural/Architectural Steel Technician. This business has built up an enviable reputation for designing and delivering on a wide range of projects across the UK and Ireland.
This role will be based in their Co Armagh site
- Preparation of Tekla models from Architects and Consulting Engineers drawings.
- Liaising with Architects and Engineers to achieve the above.
- Preparation of workshop drawings using Tekla/AutoCAD/StruCAD
- Attending site meetings where necessary
- Carrying out site surveys.
- Assisting the Estimating Department by preparing material lists etc., from Engineers drawings.
- Any other duties as may be reasonably required from time to time by your employer.
- Carrying out the above in accordance with all Health & Safety, Quality and C.E. Marking
To be considered for this role the successful candidate will need the following:-
- Tekla software experience highly preferred, but not essential - Knowledge of AutoCAD, StruCAD will be accepted as a strong basis for training/upskilling to Tekla
- Ability to work with the minimum of supervision after a suitable settling-in period
- Hold a degree or equivalent in an Engineering or Construction related subject with a min 2 years' practical experience working as a Structural Steel Technician or equivalent in the built environment.
- Or hold a HNC/HND in a Construction related subject with min 4 years' practical experience working as an Intermediate / Senior Structural Technician within a professional environment
- A full working knowledge of relevant NI Building Regulations
- Flexible and self-motivated; and possess a valid driving licence and have the use of a car.
What you'll get in return
- This is an excellent opportunity to join a long-established, and highly talented engineering consultancy in the Co Armagh area with an exciting portfolio of clients who offer the chance to work in all sectors of construction.
- You will work closely and collaborate with a talented team while based in a modern office environment conducive to creative thinking.
- A highly competitive remuneration package dependent on experience up to £40k for the right person
- This is a permanent, full-time role offering career progression and stability coupled with the ability to become an integral member of a talented team
Contact Alasdair Knight to discuss this, or other construction related job opportunities in absolute confidence on 028 9031 3720, or send an updated CV via the link on the page.