Primary duties may include troubleshooting, investigating, configuration, implementation, ongoing management and support of the Data Loss Prevention program. Must possess a high degree of initiative, motivation, and problem-solving skills.
Application Security Engineer (Data Loss Prevention)
The selected candidate/s will work with the US Information Security Office Team. Supporting the ISO organization in general and the Data Loss Prevention team specifically.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to troubleshooting, investigating, configuration, implementation, ongoing management and support of the Data Loss Prevention program. Must possess a high degree of initiative, motivation, and problem-solving skills. Ability to support and liaise with business data owners to incorporate data protection products and provisions into their processes.
Data Loss Prevention knowledge of concepts/products such as Symantec DLP, McAfee DLP, Digital Guardian, RSA, etc.
Ability to communicate security, data protection, data loss prevention related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff effectively at multiple organizational levels.
Proven background in security engineering, data protection, data lifecycle management, data loss prevention or the supporting of these security solutions.
Functional Success Factors (experience, knowledge,
Skills, and education):
- Experience with Symantec DLP in an enterprise environment is required
- Experience deploying in the cloud and on-premises
- Experience with networking concepts/protocols
- Experience with scripting languages (Perl, Python, or PowerShell)
- Experience with large scale networks including Microsoft Exchange and Active Directory
- Should be educated to degree/MSc. Level in Digital Forensics or an IT related discipline
- Industry relevant security certifications
- 3+ years’ experience in Information Security support/operations or design/engineering role