Ezetop, an young energetic Irish company, are currently recruiting for an Application Principal Developer (.NET) for their growing team.
Application Principal Developer (.NET)
Who are we?
As the recent winner of the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 we have been recognised as the most innovative and rapidly expanding Irish technology company. Established in 2006 ezetop is the world's largest provider of international mobile phone top-up. ezetop provides an important service connecting friends and families around the world and is currently partnered with over 230 mobile operator partners and 450,000+ retail locations covering over 100 countries, as well as an increasing online presence.
We know that there are quite a few companies out there currently recruiting but we think we're pretty special. We are offering people the chance to join our team, make an impact and be part of making us a huge success. We're a truly global organisation with nearly 200 team members worldwide but we're still small enough that you can put your own stamp on your area, whilst knowing that you are part of a team spreading top-up around the world!
At ezetop we believe our passion for what we do is infectious and we believe our people are key to our success. With diverse backgrounds and talents our team is filled with bright, passionate and tireless people who are genuinely excited about making ezetop great. Who doesn't want to be on a team like this?
Don't be under any illusions though it's hard work here and everyone needs to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in. You need to get through high volumes of work and still come back asking for more! We will provide you with challenging work and although we take our work and responsibilities seriously, we don't take ourselves too seriously so a sense of humour is also essential!
ezetop are looking for a principal developer to become a leader in the development team and contribute to the vision for their flag ship product set. In this newly created role, the individual should have extensive experience as a senior developer, with a strong focus on building applications for enterprise scale. ezetop expects developers at this level to be able to create and communicate their vision for a complex application environment. The candidate should have an innovative frame of mind and be open to learning new technologies and techniques.
The principal developer will be working in the technology department to support delivery of solutions to ezetop's global business and globally located clients. It is expected that they will have insight into the technologies that support the mobile industries.
The successful candidate will work with the both product and technology management to ensure the final product meets the business requirements. The principal developer will be responsible for leading development throughout the lifecycle of development projects. An individual capable of performing these duties is likely to have significant prior personal experience as a senior or principal developer.
The technology department is growing with ezetop's business. It would be expected that the successful candidate would display the aptitude to play a key role in the strategic development and growth of the department. The position requires a person with excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- 10+ years' experience in development (as a developer, technical specialist, technical consultant)
- Excellent knowledge of .NET and the technologies that support the development of .NET applications - .NET, MVC, AppFabric, Windows etc.
- Experience in developing web-scale applications, and knowledge of modern technology concepts, technology best practices and patterns
- Knowledge of the mobile industry and technologies
- Flexibility to work on complex highly scalable and mission-critical enterprise projects with international scope
- Strong commitment to a cooperative team approach
- Good communicator - primarily the ability to communicate ideas, standards and technical details to the development partners.
- Good motivator - this is a technical leadership position
- Good problem solver
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Systems, Information Services or related technical field or equivalent. Master's degree preferred
- Normally a minimum of 8 years development experience is required - but we are willing to overlook this for exceptional candidates
- Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience