Application Management Senior Advisor
Application Management Senior Advisor
- Manages, resolves and documents issues and events related to the Oracle Financial Module of DELL's Largest Production Oracle E-Business Suite environment.
- Monitors and measures performance characteristics of applications.
- Communicates with all stakeholders (customers, development teams, end users, etc.) to address system issues.
- Experienced knowledge of engaging with Oracle Corporation through Service requests
- Proposes and implements systems enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the system.
- Learns new applications, Dell-specific technologies, system behaviour and business processes as they relates to customer needs.
- The ideal candidate must be able to very quickly adapt and change direction, often managing multiple requests at the same time.
Knowledge -> Technical -> Professional -> Business Acumen
· In-depth disciplinary knowledge; leverages business acumen and subject matter expertise.
- Provides deep subject matter expertise, advice and program delivery.
- Contributes to the development of new techniques and plans within area of expertise.
· Understanding of Dell goals, customer requirements and knowledge of competitor practices.
· Understanding of Dell business priorities, strategy and direction.
· Thorough understanding and management of customer business needs and expectations.
· Managing projects and program execution.
Problem Solving -> Judgment -> Complexity -> Ingenuity
· Works on abstract and complex problems requiring evaluation of intangible variables.
- Integrates trends, data and information into plans, deliverables and recommendations.
· Develops innovative and creative output based on interpretation and analysis that improve business performance and contribute to corporate goals and strategic intent.
- Opportunity/risk analyses
- Cost/benefit analyses
- Pricing models
· Anticipates operational, program, and implementation issues and develops preventative measures.
· Adapts projects, programs or methods based on customer or business partner feedback
Guidance -> Direction -> Planning -> Independence -> Initiative
· Work is guided by business plans for the discipline.
- Actively participates in setting area objectives to meet plans.
- Escalates matters of business risk.
- Influences others through their professional/technical expertise.
· Manages critical projects, customer engagements or business processes.
- Guides completion of major projects or customer engagements.
· Allocates work and mentors others.
Experience -> Functional -> Leadership -> Technical
· Strong experience in the field of Oracle E-business Suite, specifically Oracle Financial Module This is an absolute must.
· Strong Techno-Functional experience with Oracle Financial modules(AR, AP, GL, Fixed Assets, Cash Management , P2P , Credit-to-Cash, Procure-to-pay and Sub ledger Accounting.
· Strong experience with Sub-Ledger Accounting concepts and Month-End close processing for AR and GL modules
· 10+ years of experience with Oracle E-Business Suite R12 implementations
· Assist with security, Oracle responsibilities, alerts, workflow approvals and system privileges.
· Support all Oracle Applications patching, upgrades and maintenance activities by testing and troubleshooting functional issues.
· Conduct gap analysis and write / maintain functional specifications for new or modified business processes.
· Perform system troubleshooting in a production support environment for the Oracle Financials application modules.
· Configuration and monitoring of alerts, workflow approvals
· Strong Oracle multi org / multi-currency experience within multi-phase, global implementations
· Responsible for identifying and analyzing operational aspects such as system performance, usability, reliability, adaptability
· Experience with executing SQL queries and understanding the underlying structure of the most common Oracle Applications tables will be given preference.
· Manage Oracle Service Requests (SR's) to resolution effectively.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English language)
· Strong SDLC experience required. Exposure Oracle AIM Methodology preferred.
· Successful track record and demonstrated experience in a leadership role in a highly diverse, global organization.
· SQL skills, relational database knowledge and skills
· Excellent troubleshooting and customer service skills
· Ability to remain calm and think clearly in crisis situations
· Ability to react quickly and take appropriate action under pressure
· Must be able to coordinate activities and drive cross functional teams toward issue resolution
· Analytical problem solving skills
· Strong attention to detail and accuracy
· Professional maturity and excellent business acumen
· Multi-tasking, organization, and planning skills
· Conflict management and resolution skills
· Undergraduate degree and 6-8 years relevant experience, or
· Graduate degree and 4-6 years relevant experience.