4-yr degree and/or 5 yrs work exp in IT; 2 yrs Microsoft SequelServer with Integration, Reporting & Analysis Services. Knowledge of I-series DB2 a plus. Write, code, test, & analyze Sequelserver Queries/Stored Procedures/Reports/Data Transfer Packages throughout the production life cycle.
Global Indemnity plc (NASDAQ: GBLI), is a holding company formed in 2010 under the laws of Ireland. We offer a broad array of insurance and reinsurance products and services to meet the needs of a diverse customer base. Our operating divisions, Diamond State Group, Penn-America Group, United National Group, and Wind River Reinsurance Company, Ltd., are providers of specialty property, casualty, and workers' compensation coverage for specialty risks, programs, and niches that are generally not offered by standard insurance and reinsurance companies. Each of our operating divisions targets specific markets and distribution channels, providing the company and our agents opportunities and flexibility in conducting business.
Global Indemnity's multi-channel distribution network consists of U.S. and international operations. Our U.S. operations are composed of seven insurance companies, all of which are rated "A" (Excellent) XI by A.M. Best Company. Our non-U.S. operation, Wind River Reinsurance Company, Ltd., is also rated "A" XI by A.M. Best. These favorable ratings help to reinforce relationships with existing customers and attract prospective partners and potential insureds.
The Application Developer’s role is to write, code, test, and analyze software programs and applications. This includes researching, designing, documenting, and modifying software specifications throughout the production life cycle. The Application Developer’s role will also analyze and amend software errors in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide status reports where required.
Position & Responsibilities:
- Support the service goals of Global Indemnity Group, Inc. toward its agents, employees and public.
- Provide significant contribution to the design, development, and implementation of critical business applications using the .net Framework and SQL Server technologies.
- Write, code, test and analyze SQL Server Queries/Stored Procedures/Reports/Data Transfer Packages
- Work with traditional software life cycle methodologies. This includes project scoping, analysis, design, development, testing, and implementation.
- Extensive user involvement to assist the Business Analysts to define requirements and create design documents.
- Perform coding, debugging and testing.
- Ability to work independently as well as thrive in a team oriented environment.
- Excellent analytical skills to understand current environment and business needs and provide innovative ideas to improve processes.
- Provide status on a regular basis.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Four-year college diploma or university degree, and/or 5 years equivalent work experience in Information Technology.
- Minimum 2 years SQL Server technologies with Integration, Reporting and Analysis Services
- Minimum 2 years Microsoft .NET framework including C#, VB.NET, and ASP.NET
- Experience with SML and related technologies such as XSLT, XQuery, XPath a plus.
- Experience with ETL tools and techniques a plus.
- Minimum 2 years object-oriented analysis, design and development experience.
- Minimum 2 years experience working with relational databases preferably Microsoft SQL server (Oracle, DB2, etc. accepted) including proven database design.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Proven experience working with users to understand and define requirements.
- VB6 and classic ASP a plus.
- Working technical knowledge of other programming languages including “legacy” programming languages, including AS/400 Commands, CL, AS/400 Database Files, and the WINS DB2 database a plus.
- Certifications in Microsoft development a plus.
- Insurance knowledge – specifically P&C policy and claims a plus.
- Accounts Receivable knowledge a plus.
- Overtime hours may be required to meet project deadlines.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other devices.
- Some travel may be required for the purpose of off-site software installation.